top speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal day to day...75-80 when traffic allows (on highways of course). Fastest ever...140 in a brand new police car. The wind whipping through the light rack sounded like a hurricane.:D

Speed

Cooper, you've got me beat. It was 125 mph during a pursuit. Of course it ended when the bad guy crashed into a church. I'm retired now, but I kind of miss those pursuits.

142 in a 1977 6.6 T/A in HS and 157 in a 1997 WS6 T/A. Both full factory; the 1st was STUPID racing. The 2nd was with helmet and a controlled environment. I almost always stay within 5 miles of the posted limits because the car attracts the looks.

Cooper, you've got me beat. It was 125 mph during a pursuit. Of course it ended when the bad guy crashed into a church. I'm retired now, but I kind of miss those pursuits.

HeHe. Mine wasn't as glamorous. Just a midnight tour, nobody on the road, on my way to pick up the duty Captain. In NYC it's virtually impossible to get to those types of speeds during a pusuit. Not to mention the Boss (me) will call it off almost immediately unless he's wanted for something real heinous. Too many innocents.

1974 I drove a Jaguar XKE V12(not mine) against a Lamborghini Miura also a V12 from Middletown NY to Newburgh, NY on I-84 at 6:00AM on a Sunday morning. No traffic and stay in the lane rules! Top speed was 165mph You guess which car won. The run took about 8 minutes and the distance was 15 mile stretch of interstate. Since then I have not driven over 100 mph.

137 in a Winston Cup car in Charlotte doing the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Definitely worth the $300!

124mph in a 2000 honda civic si and 115 in my current car a 2001 mazda MP3

150mph on the 401 in canada at 4am on a kawasaki back in 94 outside of london trying to get away from the mounties who clocked me doing 110mph 5 miles back, *G* almost wiped out taking a change out at 100 with the foot peg scrapping and gravel just inches from my tires, that was hard and I will never do that again. The other thing that scared me off from going that fast was a high speed wobble at about 130 that nearly took me out, thats some scary sh*t and so is having your chain pop loose and get tangled in the sprockets and lock up the rear tire at 80.

Last edited:
Mine was 144 in a Nascar at Atlanta (also with the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

140 on my Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 down the Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1), just after coming out of the twisties, north of San Simeon. I'd been jammed up with RV's forever and when we broke into open road, I took off. Was only doing about 80 when a Miata blew by me like I was sitting still. It was late in the day, most of the tourists were off the road, so I thought, why not? Using the Miata as my radar detector, I opened it up and gained ground. When he saw me coming , he just went faster, a perfect invitation to do the same. The road has long wide turns, with slow undilating ups and downs, so not too hard to keep it on the road.

I normally would never go that fast, but I had never had this bike opened up and it just seemed like the perfect time. We ran this way for about 15 miles, at which time I never went slower than 110.

What a ride! and I'll never do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)