Top Ten Hopper Wish list for 2013

Yesterday when I went to Dish's website and acted like I was ordering new service, it was only giving me the Hopper with Sling, not the original Hopper.
I'm not surprised. As I said, someone posted here that the new Hopper would NOT be pushed but it just doesn't make sense not to.

As many have found out on the 722 and prior units without a nightly reboot the recorder starts to get flakey. The usual reason in computers is memory leaks with eventual loss of all memory access followed by a "spontaneous" reboot. With a good operating system and proper programming the leaking will take months before a problem. Dish wants to make sure, even if coded properly, that you will not have many such reboots. You can set the time on the 722 series but don't know if you can on the hopper. A fixed time avoids going around it by changing the reboot time back and forth--OK once, maybe. I adjust my 722s to not reboot during recordings but I do a manual reboot shortly before or after the recording. I'm often recording at 1am, seldom at 3am, and have one 722 reboot in the afternoon, but I keep an odd schedule. With a fixed time I would miss some once-a-year recordings.
-Ken

Oh, I get why it's updating, just not why it HAS to be at 1 am. I like to listen to the tv to get to sleep and I'm usually just heading to bed, listening to something from the dvr. When it resets, I have to restart my program. It's just annoying and I wish I could select a different time, like my 722.

I second the feature of letting two hoppers act as one across the system. It's good that they can see the recordings between the two, but it would take the complexity out of the system if the two hoppers would act as one system with 6 tuners and combined recordings. Let it be a feature that is configurable so that people that want to have them separate would still be happy.

One big thing I actually miss from U-Verse, when FFW a show, when you pressed the play button, it would actually rewind the show a few seconds. Example, if I was FFW over commercials, not the skip button, when I saw the program on the TV, and pressed the play button, it would skip back a few seconds to compensate for the lag of seeing the show and pressing the button so I didn't have to skip the show backwards or anything. I actually got good at that timing.

To do that with DISH DVRs press the Skip Back button instead of pressing the Play button.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)