Tosh Price Drop on the Way

They are really turning up the heat on Blu-Ray, especially since Sony announced that they cannot make blue lasers and will be way short on PS3 this year.

Most of those prices are for used units. The new prices are around $475 with shipping. That is not much of a price drop. I expect to see same price in Costco, Sam's and other discount warehouses. Maybe even a better price.

Did you even read the link? Try again.

AVS Special Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$404.88 to be exact.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/comparison...IN.5=B000E65BTK

Robert D
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Robert D
Find More Posts by Robert D
Add Robert D to Your Buddy List

Today, 06:00 PM #2 (Print)
DaveN
AVS Special Member

Posts: 1,289 Your link went to their $449 price. How did you get $404.88?? Oh, I'ts not Amazon but a vendor with $1.25/lb shipping plus $10. At 26lb might as well pay $449 from Amazon.

DaveN
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DaveN
Find More Posts by DaveN
Add DaveN to Your Buddy List

Today, 06:02 PM #3 (Print)
Maestro J

Maestro J
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Maestro J
Find More Posts by Maestro J
Add Maestro J to Your Buddy List

Today, 06:02 PM #4 (Print)
Robert D
AVS Special Member

Posts: 2,247 Try here then "click on price to see the final price" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4532031?ie=UTF8

Robert D
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Robert D
Find More Posts by Robert D
Add Robert D to Your Buddy List

Today, 06:16 PM #5 (Print)
bboisvert

Originally Posted by Robert D
Try here then "click on price to see the final price" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4532031?ie=UTF8

Which takes you to an item that does NOT ship directly from Amazon. It's from Electronics Expo. With a $25 shipping charge. Total comes to $429.88.

bboisvert
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bboisvert
Find More Posts by bboisvert
Add bboisvert to Your Buddy List

Today, 06:17 PM #6 (Print)
DTV TiVo Dealer
Snr. Member/Retailer

AVS GOLD CLUB MEMBER

Posts: 1,518 Tonight after midnight you will see even a better price. I just leaked a secret so please be patient for the next few hours so you can see for yourself. Stay tuner to this site to find out more.

I know I won't be going to bed early tonight.

-Robert

I hate that BS though. Pay to become a member and then get a special deal... Start a post and get everyone thinking that Toshiba is about to deal a blow to Sony just to have it turn out to be a private sales event?? Its cool VE wants to save AVS paying members some cash I guess but it was kind of a let down in the format wars.

In a way I'm happy because I just bought a used player for $350 and it would have kinda sucked to recieve that sucker today and have the price of a new player hit $299 tomorrow. lol.

ANyone know what the savings was?

The price came in at $399.99 with $14 shipping. No need to be a paid member as far as I know. I'm a bit disappointed myself. When Robert first posted the news, it sounded like it was a real price cut. As the night wore on it became clear it was a member only special. Over all though I think it's still a good deal and a chance for people to save a few bucks.

Edit: I just was able to access the link, and I'm not a paid member. The deal also includes no tax and one free movie.

Last edited:
riffjim4069 said:
The HD-A1's have been sitting on the discount rack at my local Wal-Mart for more than a month for $400...still one left as of last week. I think I'll wait for the price to come down a little further.

You may want to go back to Wal-Mart and grab it while you can. It looks like they are making room for this.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4790608

Gee... why am I not surprised

riffjim4069 said:
The HD-A1's have been sitting on the discount rack at my local Wal-Mart for more than a month for $400...still one left as of last week. I think I'll wait for the price to come down a little further.

Apologies first...
BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I PREDICTED

Some folks here have been saying that they have been flying off the shelf and I thought the lack of movement was just here in Reno...apparently not!

is this going to be the end until the game console appear?

Currently IMHO....Both formats need work...BR needs A BUNCH MORE! it is called "rush to market"!

Did you think that Walmart was a place that a $500 HD-DVD player was going to sell like hot cakes against the $59 and $79 toy players?

gizzer777 said:
Apologies first...
BUT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I PREDICTED

Some folks here have been saying that they have been flying off the shelf and I thought the lack of movement was just here in Reno...apparently not!

is this going to be the end until the game console appear?

Currently IMHO....Both formats need work...BR needs A BUNCH MORE! it is called "rush to market"!

No, in fact I mentioned that in another post

Agreed....People who shop at Walmart like the $49.95 ones! Wally World should stick with the cheap stuff.

Problem is that they are not exactly flying off the shelves at BB either!
Enjoy...(I really want the format to succeed so I can purchase a player with confidence...Just not a first gen one!:)

John Kotches said:
Did you think that Walmart was a place that a $500 HD-DVD player was going to sell like hot cakes against the $59 and $79 toy players?

gizzer777 said:
Agreed....People who shop at Walmart like the $49.95 ones! Wally World should stick with the cheap stuff.

Problem is that they are not exactly flying off the shelves at BB either!
Enjoy...(I really want the format to succeed so I can purchase a player with confidence...Just not a first gen one!:)

While other retailers are discounting the HD-A1 and HD-XA1 BB and other dealers who hold to the MAP are not moving the players. But those retailers who offer discounts are getting a very high volume of sales.

Our $399.99 HD-A1 sales generated over 100 new orders in just a few days.

-Robert

The price will probably drop when the new 1080p HD-DVD sets become available.

Toshiba's HD-E1 and HD-XE1
Toshiba Announces HD-E1,HD-XE1 HD DVD Players for Europe

hde1.jpg

Sorry...but I do not think so

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
While other retailers are discounting the HD-A1 and HD-XA1 BB and other dealers who hold to the MAP are not moving the players. But those retailers who offer discounts are getting a very high volume of sales.

Our $399.99 HD-A1 sales generated over 100 new orders in just a few days.

-Robert

100 units does not a stampede make...Robert...you are a good vendor but plz remember you are dealing with a VERY small sampling of the market...Videophiles!

I believe I heard the same discussion when the price was $499...NO INSULT INTENDED!

Robert, I believe that Euro model sports HDMI 1.3 output which I am interested in and the US model you quoted does not have that output -- am I wrong here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)