jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Toshiba - HD DVD High-Definition DVD Player - HD-A3

Toshiba A3 player for $149 w/ 7 movies at Best Buy this week.

Is this a good deal? I haven't watched prices much since getting the $99 special at wally world in early November.

Still, the player with 7 movies for under $150 has to be a bargain to someone, even if it ends up an upconverting dvd player 1 year from now.

It's a so, so deal. Honestly, you get 7 free movies anywhere. You could get the same player at Amazon or online for cheaper (no tax).

Yeah, just saw the same price in circuit city's ad too. Looks like Toshiba is setting the $149 mark, and the discount retailers will be below that.

I'm still very happy with my $99 special for the A2.

I'm just an un-educated consumer reading the sunday ads :D

It's the "normal" deal now. Two of those movies are 300 and Bourne Identity, which come in the box. The other 5 are by mail.

They were running a deal a week or so ago where you also got two free movies in store instantly, for a total of 9.

If I had a 1080p tv, I'd think a bout the upgrade, for the extra movies, but since I don't... :)

The A3 is still only 1080i. Of course, most people around here will tell you that if you have a 1080p TV there is no difference between the 1080i and 1080p players anyway, at least as far as PQ is concerned.

It's the "normal" deal now. Two of those movies are 300 and Bourne Identity, which come in the box. The other 5 are by mail.

They were running a deal a week or so ago where you also got two free movies in store instantly, for a total of 9.
Yeah, I picked one up on the last day of the two free in-store deals. I had a 20% off coupon too so it only ended up being $119.99. Not bad for an A3 and 9 movies.

The A3 is still only 1080i. Of course, most people around here will tell you that if you have a 1080p TV there is no difference between the 1080i and 1080p players anyway, at least as far as PQ is concerned.

I thought 3rd gen players got a software upgrade to 1080p60 and 1080p24.

I could be mistaken too.