Totally disgusted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

disgusted_wife

Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
maine
:mad:
let me first say this is the web site that my husband ( a directv installer) comes to laugh at. You all come here to complain about your installs and how you've had a 100 service calls and still have problems. So when my husband can't laugh in your face in your house he comes here!! to this web site to laugh at you whinning and talking about how you could have done the install better. You complain that the install was just slapped together ( maybe you should have picked a day that wasnt a holiday) or heres a thought expect a person to get on your roof in the middle of a blizzard and run cables all over when it is below freezing and you dont even want to step outside to see where the dish is going. those are his favorite to laugh at. or heres one. when he is routed to come to your house at 8 pm and he is already been to 5 installs before yours crawled through peoples disgusting houses and he finally gets to your house after a 2 hr drive from his last job and it is now 10pm and you still want the install. I am the one on the phone telling him to slap it in and come home to his family. so call me and complain. And to those nit pickers that say it is directv's fault what do i say to you... believe me at 8pm my husband will call and see if you want to resquedual and you say no come on over. YOUR FAULT. you whinning little babies what would you do without tv. You hate the installers so bad but yet you put up with the "abuse" you still get to watch your tv dont you. If you dont want "unsightly dishes and cables" get Cable Tv 2+2=4.
If you piss my husband off you will be told no line of sight, resquedualed, canceled for 40 foot ladder,weather delay,can not locate and the list goes on and on for reasons for him not to have to deal with your nit picking, complaining, sorry ass. So for those of you who are "STILL WAITING" guess you shouldnt have been such a dick to the installers ... keep waiting. And have fun looking at your messy install:)

so in closing i hope to hear back from as many of you as possible , so tommorow night when my husband is still out past 9pm in the freezing cold and i have just layed our son to sleep without him getting a good night kiss from daddy, he can at least come home to laugh at you inconsiderate, whinning childish morons.
BUH BYE NOW :D

:mad:
let me first say this is the web site that my husband ( a directv installer) comes to laugh at. You all come here to complain about your installs and how you've had a 100 service calls and still have problems. So when my husband can't laugh in your face in your house he comes here!! to this web site to laugh at you whinning and talking about how you could have done the install better. You complain that the install was just slapped together ( maybe you should have picked a day that wasnt a holiday) or heres a thought expect a person to get on your roof in the middle of a blizzard and run cables all over when it is below freezing and you dont even want to step outside to see where the dish is going. those are his favorite to laugh at. or heres one. when he is routed to come to your house at 8 pm and he is already been to 5 installs before yours crawled through peoples disgusting houses and he finally gets to your house after a 2 hr drive from his last job and it is now 10pm and you still want the install. I am the one on the phone telling him to slap it in and come home to his family. so call me and complain. And to those nit pickers that say it is directv's fault what do i say to you... believe me at 8pm my husband will call and see if you want to resquedual and you say no come on over. YOUR FAULT. you whinning little babies what would you do without tv. You hate the installers so bad but yet you put up with the "abuse" you still get to watch your tv dont you. If you dont want "unsightly dishes and cables" get Cable Tv 2+2=4.
If you piss my husband off you will be told no line of sight, resquedualed, canceled for 40 foot ladder,weather delay,can not locate and the list goes on and on for reasons for him not to have to deal with your nit picking, complaining, sorry ass. So for those of you who are "STILL WAITING" guess you shouldnt have been such a dick to the installers ... keep waiting. And have fun looking at your messy install:)

so in closing i hope to hear back from as many of you as possible , so tommorow night when my husband is still out past 9pm in the freezing cold and i have just layed our son to sleep without him getting a good night kiss from daddy, he can at least come home to laugh at you inconsiderate, whinning childish morons.
BUH BYE NOW :D

He works for an HSP... guaranteed.

BTW, I am now going to defend the customer so if you don't like what you perceive at whining or you husband wants a good laugh, let me suggest another thread.

HSP dispatchers are good at getting customers to wait and wait... Also, a lot of HSP managers crank up the availability they report to DTV, especially when busy, so it is very likely that the customer has already been waiting 2 weeks from the time the called to order the system... especially if they scheduled 5 8-12 timeframe jobs in the same area. So they probably already asked the dispatcher about rescheduling and the dispatcher quoted them another week or more until the next appointment (Dispatchers are often told to quote 3 weeks out if they think they can get the customer to forget about rescheduling and allow an installer to come out at 8pm).

Also, if the person has been waiting since 8am and it is just about 8pm... they have already blown a whole day waiting and have no reason to believe that the installer will show up any sooner if they reschedule anyhow...

There is much more too it, but I don't really feel like wasting my time. I will put it to you this way... you know how crappy the HSP your husband works for treats him... they have the same basic attitude towards the customer... HSP management doesn't care about anyone. I truly feel for HSP techs, and the happiest day in my satellite career was the day I ended my employment at an HSP.

Yea, it's tons of fun taking a whole day off work only to have your husband not show up until 8pm. Perhaps I should charge him my hourly rate for the hours he was late. ;)

Seriously though, sounds like your husband needs to get a lower stress job like down at the local Walmart. From what I've seen installers make he'd probably get a raise in the process. :D

You're calling us whining, childish morons? LOL. You need to take a look in the mirror. Here's a simple solution, if he hates his job so much get another one. I'm sure McDonald's down the street is looking to hire someone new.

I'm sure this little 'rant' was at least in part brought on by my recent posts.

To that I'll say this and leave it at that:

I was never once rude to the installers, until my installation got delayed over and over again. (and even then not rude to the actual installers, but the installation company itself) I won't be rude to the person doing the installing, because I understand the constant delays and the whole not showing up on Saturday and no phone call to explain why.. likely isn't that person's fault.

I have every right to be frustrated, as does anyone else going through something similar.

While I sympathize about installers not being home enough and being overworked, the fact remains that it's their job and they should show pride in the work they do... period.

I work with the public and I would never treat my customer the way I've been treated simply trying to get satellite tv hooked up.

Geesh, what a first post!

This is the industry that your huspand choose to work in, if he doesn't like it then I suggest he finds another job.

As far as working Holidays, thats not the customers fault the install was scheduled on that day, it was a day that was offered to the customer for installation and the customer accecpted it. Blame Directv for that one for scheduling your huspand to work on Holidays.

As far as customers wanting to be installed at 8pm rather than rescheduling, can you blame them? They have been waiting all day for your huspand to show up at their house to do their installation, probably took an entire day off work, they just want to get the installation done.

If you piss my husband off you will be told no line of sight, resquedualed, canceled for 40 foot ladder,weather delay,can not locate and the list goes on and on for reasons for him not to have to deal with your nit picking, complaining, sorry ass. So for those of you who are "STILL WAITING" guess you shouldnt have been such a dick to the installers ... keep waiting. And have fun looking at your messy install

Yea. thats a real good work ethic, go ahead and blow off the customer because you don't want to do the installation.

Funney thing about installers is that they are dependant on the work being sent to them from Corporate or the sales partners like myself. When there is not enough work for them they are crying that they got to put food on the table and not making enough money. Yet when there is too much work, they are blowing off Jobs by telling customers no line of site Etc.

You take the good with the bad with this business. When the work is there you do the work, and get as much work done as possible to make up for when times are slow.

I'm sure this little 'rant' was at least in part brought on by my recent posts.

To that I'll say this and leave it at that:

I was never once rude to the installers, until my installation got delayed over and over again. (and even then not rude to the actual installers, but the installation company itself) I won't be rude to the person doing the installing, because I understand the constant delays and the whole not showing up on Saturday and no phone call to explain why.. likely isn't that person's fault.

I have every right to be frustrated, as does anyone else going through something similar.

While I sympathize about installers not being home enough and being overworked, the fact remains that it's their job and they should show pride in the work they do... period.

I work with the public and I would never treat my customer the way I've been treated simply trying to get satellite tv hooked up.

Bingo. Being a retailer I know something that the HSPs are apparently unable to get... rescheduling a customer and getting the job done right and not overworking an installer is better customer service than forcing the customer and installer into a substandard installation 12 hours after their scheduled time for the sake of getting more jobs in.

Customer service is more important than any quota.

Geesh, what a first post!

This is the industry that your huspand choose to work in, if he doesn't like it then I suggest he finds another job.

As far as working Holidays, thats not the customers fault the install was scheduled on that day, it was a day that was offered to the customer for installation and the customer accecpted it. Blame Directv for that one for scheduling your huspand to work on Holidays.

As far as customers wanting to be installed at 8pm rather than rescheduling, can you blame them? They have been waiting all day for your huspand to show up at their house to do their installation, probably took an entire day off work, they just want to get the installation done.

Yea. thats a real good work ethic, go ahead and blow off the customer because you don't want to do the installation.

Funney thing about installers is that they are dependant on the work being sent to them from Corporate or the sales partners like myself. When there is not enough work for them they are crying that they got to put food on the table and not making enough money. Yet when there is too much work, they are blowing off Jobs by telling customers no line of site Etc.

You take the good with the bad with this business. When the work is there you do the work, and get as much work done as possible to make up for when times are slow.

This lady's story is a sad fact about HSP and the situations they force their employees into... This is why every customer that calls a retailer has a brother/sister/cousin or uncle with a satellite horror story. Sadly after years of waiting for DirecTV to do somethinga bout their HSPs it appears they have no intention of it.

I will bet you this... Give the local retailers the list of "No line of site, 40 foot ladder, can not locate" customers that the HSPs blow off and I am willing to bet at least 66% of them will be just fine and the retailer will get the install put in, on time, with no problems for the customer.

I can't tell you how many of these "blow off" jobs I put in on the second site survey work-order... even half of the 40-foot ladder jobs didn't even require a step ladder.

Frankly I think the post is a joke.

Actually, having worked for an HSP and knowing the frustration the job causes for the installers and their families... I believe that this person really meant this.

B+

A good effort on your first flame. Shorten it up and use paragraphs next time. I still enjoyed, though.

Well get a new job?,don't post sh#t like that here. telling what her husband does to customers that's a real jerk off period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't disagree with you on this... I was just point out that they probably were not joking. Sadly I can confirm that what she said is true because I worked at an HSP for 2 years and techs talked about this with other techs all the time.

She threw up her opinion, poor spelling/grammar and all.

Several people attacked her opinion, and the crud is being slung around.
A few agreed with her. I had to remove a few posts due to language/attacks.

There is no additional value to this thread for anyone at this point, so it's done, before it's over the deep end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)