Touch 3D

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
It has been two days since I got my iPhone 6s, with the new touch 3D. I'll admit before hand, I was a little leery, and figured it would be a bit of a gimmick. And initially it took me a bit to figure out how to make it work properly, adjusting the amount of pressure, so not to launch the "move or delete" icon tool.

But with just a little use, I'd say this is a very nice enhancement. I think of it as both a combination of quick look (an OS X feature which is extremely valuable to preview content of a file) and an iOS right-click context menu. It can do either, depending on what you are using.

I think it will in the next few months that we will see the real power of it as more and more app developers begin to update their apps to include 3D touch features. Only a handful of apps support it now, and not all Apple apps are in that. But here are some screen shots.
IMG_0060.PNG IMG_0059.PNG IMG_0058.PNG IMG_0057.PNG IMG_0056.PNG

The first four are icon 3D touch menus, from which you can launch a particular part of the app. A short-cut. The last one is from Apple Mail, showing a preview/quick look of the content of the message, which when you swipe up, can bring up a menu of options for the message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)