Tour de France on Versus HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

soledade

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
San Diego
Does anyone know if Dish will be adding this channel???

Versus HD will be showing the Tour de France for the first time in HD. The channel is free to providers that already carry Versus.

Will Dish add this to the lineup?

Thanks!

Versus HD will be showing the Tour de France for the first time in HD. The channel is free to providers that already carry Versus.

Thanks!

Don't know if they will, but if I get a vote, I say YES! We really enjoy watching the Tour in the morning on our 622, and to have it in HD would be awesome.

Here's another vote. The only reason I have AT250 is so I can get Versus for the bike racing. Seeing it in HD would be great - though I wonder if they'd really have HD cameras in use during the race itself. Seems like the cameras would be a bit bulky and the transmission stream a bit dense for the motorcycle->helicopter->truck->satellite transmission thing they use.

Thanks!

That's the only thing I watch on Versus. It would be nice if it were in HD.

Here is a quote from the president of Versus confirming the HD coverage:

"We are thrilled that Cablevision is adding VERSUS HD to its channel lineup," said Gavin Harvey, President of VERSUS. "High definition is the most valuable real estate in television and now millions of viewers in the New York area will be able to see VERSUS' best-in-class programming like the NHL and Tour de France in crystal-clear hi def."

Here is a separate quote:

"2007 Tour de France to be broadcast in high definition television

After conducting tests in 2006, France Televisions will be broadcasting the 2007 Tour de France in high definition television format. Tour organizer A.S.O. made the announcement yesterday in the Paris suburb of Roissy, with representatives of pro teams in attendance ahead of the start this weekend of Paris-Nice. HDTV tests during 2006 included coverage of the Criterium International in March and Paris-Tours in October."

Without a good American to cheer for, is the Tour as exciting to watch? The French are really making things tough what with cracking down on illegal substances like soap and deodorant...

The Tour is one of the few events that I like to watch every year from start to finish. I don't know what the attraction is since I don't cycle so I would guess it would have to be the scenery. If Dish would show it in HD it would be great!

Golf/Versus HD is free to Dish network so the usual, "contract negotiations" excuse doesn't work for them here.

I wonder if Dish would get Golf/VS hd like Comcast or can they be had as seperate HD channels.
Golf/Versus share a channel.

There's only about two weeks a year that I'm interested in watching Versus, so I would rather Dish took the same approach with the TDF that they took with NHL Hockey recently: Play it on a special channel for the duration of the event.

I'm more interested in the Golf portion than Versus, but I would rather see something with broader appeal added as a full-time offering.

Golf/Versus share a channel.

There's only about two weeks a year that I'm interested in watching Versus, so I would rather Dish took the same approach with the TDF that they took with NHL Hockey recently: Play it on a special channel for the duration of the event.

I'm more interested in the Golf portion than Versus, but I would rather see something with broader appeal added as a full-time offering.

I would take that over no coverage any day of the year!

Thanks!
IS this TRUE???????? Where can I find this info at.. I need to it to provide to my
back woods cable company here in laplace LA...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)