Toyota Camry question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
My wife has a 1990 Camry that just started doing this: After she turns off the ignition and removes the keys, the "chirping" warning signal continues to sound, even after she shuts the door. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't want her to have a dead battery somewhere. Thanks.

Sounds like a broken door jam switch, it will need to be replaced, get a haines or chiltons manual that covers the year inquestion and look at the body panel section and the electrical section for information on how to get to the switch to take it out and replace it. In the mean time there should be a fuse for the door jam switch that you can take out to avoid the battery going down or have her exit out the passenger door if possible.

Camry

Thanks Van. I should have described it better. Even if she doesn't open the door after turning off ignition and removing keys, the chirping sound remains. She just told me also that she cannot lock the door with power door lock switch if the chirping sound is still going. Do you still think it's the door jam switch, or something to do with the ignition? Thanks.

There is a "key in ignition" switch that is build into the Ignition cylinder or switch that is stuck closed. So the veh thinks the keys are still in the ignition thats why you cant lock the doors.

Camry

Thanks. I'll have to make sure the chirping stops when the door is closed, at least until I can get this damn thing fixed.

well i've changed it since I posted that message, and thanks...

If it wasn't a merry christmas before, it's certainly getting better, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)