Trading section?

flyswatta

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I apologize for intruding on this thread, (I'm a newbie here) but is there a section for trades or people selling equipment?

We do have a classifieds section here, however only supporting members can post to items to it.

I should note this was not done to make money for SatelliteGuys but to stop the fraud that was going on, as in the past when it was open to all some folks would posts some great deals on equipment and other members would send the seller the money for the item, never to see the item or user again.

At least with this way of doing things there is a paper trail to who the user is incase something like above happened again. :)

What other features are available to a paying member? Also, what is the cost to become a paying member?

Basically, my main interest lies in my (homebuilt) PVR setup - I recently switched from cable to satellite and will be using one satellite receiver for one tuner, but using OTA for the other 2 tuners. I'd like to do HD for the OTA tuners for picture quality reasons. Either way, I'm on a budget and trying to locate HD tuners (or old satellite receivers) and am willing to trade for them. I tend to trust members of a technical forum more than someone off Craigs list for trading. Ebay is cash only and I'm a little nervous about scams (voom for instance) since I know little about satellite and receiver models. I've been doing research on this site and feel better about my knowledge but don't want to get burned...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts