Traffic-light Cameras...

Traffic Light Cameras...

• Ban those infernal devices...they are a violation of our rights!

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Thank goodness for them! Safety first!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Don't care one way or another...

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampz26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
Chicago
Those little devices at intersections with traffic lights that snap a picture or video when the light changes. Any car in the intersection at the time of the flash automatically gets a ticket in the mail...

My problem with them is they ticket the car owner and not the driver. Its not my fault as the car owner if someone runs a redlight.

The problem with them is that they are not working as stated, we have them in VB now and I've seen them snap a pic of an idle car at a stop light. They are supposed to snap pics of moving cars blowing through stop lights not idling at them.

I voted to ban, but not because I think they violate our rights. I think they're abused. One guy at work got one - less than a second of red as his truck exited the intersection. And I've read of the same incident being used to issue the guy twice- same picture, same pedestrian in mid stride, same shadows- exact same photo. But two different timestamps.

They just ok'd them for my city and I'm all for them. While I know there's some issues with them, we really need the cameras. It use to be maybe one person would run the light, but now it's two, three and even four cars doing it. I'd rather have the cameras if it lessens the chance of getting broadsided and killed by some moron who doesn't know what a red light means.

dont break the law if you dont want to get caught is my feeling.. i speed on occasion and if i get caught I dont cry about it.

In our area they admit these cameras cause an increase in rear end collisions. They just think it's worth it.

Anybody else notice a lot of "revenue enhancement" activities by the police on local highways? I see 2 to 3 times as many people being pulled as I used to. Times like this will get a lot of business for traffic camera people.

The other problem I have and ill try to find the Orlando Sentinal article about it online, but there is an issue with the lights that have Cameras they have made the Yellow light go faster. So instead of say 3 seconds of yellow now you have 2. So before the camera you were safe and didnt run the light, now after the camera you ran the light.

I think its complete BS and to the person who said "if you do the crime do the time" The problem I have is how do you ticket a car? If your neighbor borrows your car to run to the store and runs a light guess what. You get the ticket not him.

If these things were truely about public safety they would simpley increase the yellow time. and the time between red/green on the other directions. That has proven time and again to decrease "t-bones" in intersections. But no instead theyd rather make money, decrease yellow time and INCREASE read end collisions.

They have the camera's in Germany where my mom lives. One of her friends got a ticket and sent a picture of his cash to pay the ticket and a couple days later he got a picture of handcuffs.

they have cameras on all of our intersections here now...I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket yet...i asked some buddies who police officers and they didn't know anything about the cameras. One thought it was for some type of traffic control. There are 800MHZ yagi antennas up at every intersection pointed toward the 911 center.

Those could just be normal "traffic" cams so they can find problems in traffic. The "Red Light" cameras are specific cameras to take pictures at red lights. The Traffic cams you speak of are probably live feeds like what you see on news traffic reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)