Tranfering from Hopper 3 to iPad

MGINCHICO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Chico, CA
With my old Hopper I could transfer items from my Hopper DVR to my iPad but I cannot figure how to do this on my Hopper 3. Am I missing something or is this feature no longer available. I have a four hour plane flight in a couple of days and would really like to load some video on my iPad. I know I can download with Amazon to my iPad but would like to work on the huge backlog of video I have on my Hopper3!

Launch dish anywhere app, go to dvr tab then pick the show you want and click transfer.

Must be connected to same network as the hopper.

Reactions: MGINCHICO
Thanks for the help! The first few items I transferred (the first two episodes of this season of Game of Thrones) just simply disappeared from my iPad and my Hopper3 and did not appear in my downloads. I cannot find them anywhere on either device. I was really looking forward to watching those two episodes on the plane tomorrow.

Thanks for the help! The first few items I transferred (the first two episodes of this season of Game of Thrones) just simply disappeared from my iPad and my Hopper3 and did not appear in my downloads. I cannot find them anywhere on either device. I was really looking forward to watching those two episodes on the plane tomorrow.

You use the word "downloads" so let's be clear that the shows will be found and viewed in the dish anywhere app only.

I'm not using iPad but on mine I go to the anywhere app then I have a "more" tab and they should be under transfered.

Looks like ipad has a transfers tab on the dish anywhere app right up front.

You could try to log out and back in to the dish anywhere app.

I also have a "my queue" in the app that shows the transfer progress.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind some shows are copied to your device so a copy will remain on the hopper BUT others will say the are being moved so the hopper will no longer have a copy.

G.o.t is one that does not leave behind a copy so they should be in your dish anywhere app under transfers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts