Transfer app issues

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
Im trying to figure out how to do the ipad transfers. I go to ky recording, and i see "an error occurred retreiving recordings from your receiver". I tried to refresh the connection, same message. It sees my dvr, but its not green. My hopper is connected to the internet cause i can see my dvr on the dish anywhere app.

Im trying to figure out how to do the ipad transfers. I go to ky recording, and i see "an error occurred retreiving recordings from your receiver". I tried to refresh the connection, same message. It sees my dvr, but its not green. My hopper is connected to the internet cause i can see my dvr on the dish anywhere app.

Also when i select a show from my dv(on the hopper) i can watch or "prepare for mobile". What is that for?

Also when i select a show from my dv(on the hopper) i can watch or "prepare for mobile". What is that for?

I would first try to remove the device association on the hopper, then uninstall and reinstall the app and try setting it back up. See if that works.

The shows have to be prepared before you can transfer them to your ipad. If you don't prepare for mobile during record or prior to actually transferring them, then it will take the length of the show to convert it before it starts transferring it. If you select prepare for mobile then when you start the transfer it will just start moving it.

So for whatever reason, its working now. So in my dvr menu, i select a recording, and "prepare for mobile". Then i go to the transfers app, go to my recordings. The click on the show and hit transfer? It going pretty slow. Not as slow as watching the show, but slow. Is that normal? Also, if i delete the recording from "my transfers" will it delete it from my dvr?

It works better if you select "Prepare for Mobile" when you record the program. When you select a recording, that was pre- prepared in your app, it will play within seconds.
Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)