transfer backup from Hopper to Hopper

kkratz51

Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
United States
I got a replacement Hopper. New hopper activated. I need to transfer timers from old to new. Since the remote for the hopper has been attached to the new hopper, I can't get a backup of the old hopper. I re-attached a Joey to the old hopper and backed up the old hopper on the Joey remote. Reattaching the joey to the new hopper and restoring the backup onto the new hopper did not work. How do i go about the transfer? I have already moved the recorded programs with EHD.

Your Hopper remote should have been backed up automatically.
When you attached it to the new Hopper it should have set all your old timers. at least that is what mine did.

You could/should have the timers on the original Hopper remote. It automatically downloads them on a several day basis. If you still have the original remote, try the restore from there....

Thank you, I restored my timers from a Joey remote that had not been updated by the new Hopper. The primary remote and one that had been used did not have any timers on it. The old hopper timers had also been deleted after 2 days of being deactivated. One of the problems is that I use logitech remotes and the Dish remotes spend most of the time in drawers. Luckily a remote was taken out of a drawer a month ago for a short time and was updated.

You're welcome! I also use a Harmony remote and my dish remote sits in a cabinet. The dish remote gets its backup info from the Hopper via RF so it continually gets its info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)