Transfer from 10-250 to HR20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greybeard

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
What is the easiest way to transfer movies, etc. from a 10-250 box to an HR20? My 10-250 which is now in a closet has a number of movies and concerts on it that I would like to transfer to my new HR20.

What is the easiest way to transfer movies, etc. from a 10-250 box to an HR20? My 10-250 which is now in a closet has a number of movies and concerts on it that I would like to transfer to my new HR20.

It cannot be done. The only thing you can do is connect a DVR-R recorder to the HR10 and record the movies to DVD individually for archival purposes, and home use.

Can I connect the 10-250 to a tv as another input and watch what the tivo has recorded?

Can I connect the 10-250 to a tv as another input and watch what the tivo has recorded?

As long as you are still paying for the service on that box. Otherwise it won't let you watch them.

As long as you are still paying for the service on that box. Otherwise it won't let you watch them.

Actually, that's not true. You can still watch the recorded content. When we moved we had to wait several weeks for an installer to come out and install a dish at our new house and we were able to watch the recordings on our HR10-250 during that time.

Actually, that's not true. You can still watch the recorded content. When we moved we had to wait several weeks for an installer to come out and install a dish at our new house and we were able to watch the recordings on our HR10-250 during that time.

Yes, but you were still paying for the service on the machine. If you hadn't been they would have disabled it. At least that is what I have been told.

Not if you don't have it connected to the satellite. You'll get some nag messages about trying to get guide data/. Just hit the TiVo button to bring up the Now Playing List.

This also will not work with the HR20.
I tried awhile back to set up the HR20 and play shows, without the sat set up yet and was unable to get past the set up screens (looking for sat) unless there is another work around that I am not aware of.

This is unfortunate as you use to be able to a lot of things with old rec's, like using the OTA tuner, but not anymore.

Jimbo

Yes, but you were still paying for the service on the machine. If you hadn't been they would have disabled it. At least that is what I have been told.

How could they disable it? It wasn't connected to anything.

This also will not work with the HR20.
I tried awhile back to set up the HR20 and play shows, without the sat set up yet and was unable to get past the set up screens (looking for sat) unless there is another work around that I am not aware of.

This is unfortunate as you use to be able to a lot of things with old rec's, like using the OTA tuner, but not anymore.

Jimbo

On the HR10-250 I got mine to exit out of the searching for satellite screens and go straight to the menu.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts