Transfer from one 622 to a new 622? Please help!

HDProjekt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2006
Atlanta
Hi all, I apologize if this has already been covered, but here's my issue. I recently lost picture and audio thru my 622's HDMI port. I hooked up component cables and I now get picture, but still no sound. The only way I get audio is if I turn my stereo on. I already checked my settings in my Toshiba TV (Model: 51HC85) and all the audio is turned on. I called dish and after turning the receiver on and off and unplugging it a few times, they said they would send me a new 622 receiver. I really don't think it's the receiver, but I could be wrong? If it is the receiver, is it possible to transfer everything I have saved on my old receiver to the new receiver via the USB port? Thanks in advance for any help!

Yeah, it really stinks. Hopefully they will add External Hard Drive support soon, then they will need to add the ability to transfer to any box that is activated on a person's account instead of just that one box. I know that this was talked about in the past, but I have no idea where it is at this point.

When you lost your HDMI, you said you ran component cables to the TV - did you also run audio cables to the TV? HDMI carries both video & audio, but the component is just video. I assume you have your digital audio output run to your stereo - which is why you get sound from the stereo....if you run audio cables to the TV, you may be OK for now.

As others have said, the only way to "copy" your shows off the old 622 is via VCR or DVD-Recorder - no 622-to-622 transfer.

As Cold Irons said, the problem is probably fixed by adding analog audio (red and white) connections from the present 622 to your TV. Give that a try before asking for a replacement 622.

Thanks for the replies guys, I didn't realize the component cables only produce a picture, not sound. I was use to getting both from my HDMI. I'll try out the analog connection and get back to you all. Thanks again.

Just to give you guys an update, I tried basic audio cables and that did the trick. I ended up sending back the replacement receiver and keeping the old one. I'm now getting HD via my component cables instead of thru my HDMI cable. Thanks again for the help!

HDProjekt,

I'm in the same boat as you: HDMI died a few months back, got stuff on the DVR I don't want to loose. Using component video for now. I'm (impatiently) waiting for USB drive support, then I'll call dish for a new 622. Hopefully by then the 622's with the more robust HDMI connector (as alluded to in the recent Dish Tech chat) will be shipping.

Glad you got it resolved! Actually, I might not bother with the replacement, component looks fine.

New bill doesn't reflect package/price changes

Need a accutrac 22 pro....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)