Transfer OTA/EHD Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottA83

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I am starting to transfer recordings from my Hopper3 to my iPad. I noticed that shows recorded OTA and shows stored on an EHD do not show for transfer. Is this expected behavior?

// Scott A

I am starting to transfer recordings from my Hopper3 to my iPad. I noticed that shows recorded OTA and shows stored on an EHD do not show for transfer. Is this expected behavior?

// Scott A
Yes. Too tired to try explain. Sure someone will shortly.

// Scott A
EHD will not transfer to an iPad. You have to move it back to the Hopper first.

And you have to "prepare for mobile" before it will transfer from Hopper to iPad.
Yes, that is true, but you can transfer a single program without preparing every recorded program. The default on the H3 is automatically prepare every program for transfer. When you are set to yes on that every recording will be automatically prepared as it records. This is just like viewing every program in the background. That is why we are seeing recorded programs as previously viewed when we are in the DVR menu. When you set that to off, programs that were not transferred to a mobile device, manually, will not show previous viewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)