transfer recordings to hopper 3

jbrush13

Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
WI
Need your guys help please. Am trying to transfer HWS(carbon) to new hopper 3. upgraded to hopper 3 recently. dish left the old hooper w/s

Things ive Tried
- Connected Externeal hd (tried 3 different ones) shows up on screen would you like to format yes. are you sure yes. bar goes across and then in a couple min it just disappears. hit dvr button and there is no source box that pops up. so i can never choose external hd. hit the red button to restart hopper. plug in hard drive again and it asks to be formated over and over again. so i cant transfer anything

- connected h-h plugged in Ethernet between the 2 they did recognize each other went in to diagnostics and then clicked on transfer from old hopper. it started doing its thing. says 879 recordings transferring. let it sit there for about 24 hrs went back to look at it says 0 of 879 recordings transferred. and no shows were showing up on dvr list. stopped the transfer (stop button) and then restarted both hopper w/s and hopper 3 to try again. now when i got to the transfer screen it says restart i click on it. and it says recordings have been transferred successfully 0 of 0. so its not transferring anything. and i cant start over

i can go to sources on H3 and it recognizes external hard drive . something that is weird is if i go to one of the 4k joeys. and go to sources it also recognize old Hopper w/s and external hard drive under sources. but main hopper 3 only has external hd under source ( and the hopper 3 hard drive of course)

Any suggesions would be helpful. about ready to give up

Thanks

Well I see many people have looked at this post. I suppose no one has any ideas how to fix this or just don't want to help. But thanks anyways I will just send the old hopper back sucks to lose everything that's on there. Maybe one day I'll need help and it will be easier so people can help

I am upgrading from HWS to H3 myself this weekend. Want to move my recordings off HWS to existing external HD before they upgrade me. Was your external HD operational on the HWS before upgrade? If so, were you able to view recordings on external HR on the new H3 with no issues?

Probably has to do with the HWS no longer being active for the EHD transfer, and the Hopper to Hopper feature not yet implemented. The EHD transfer should have been done before the installation.

I did get some of the shows to transfer hopper to hopper. after dish people sent an authorization request to my hopper 3. only about 25 % of my shows actually transferred. it had a problem. i left it there for a few hours and it transferred the same show 50+ times so i would delete it manually and then it would do the same to the next show. i could not actually play them. if i did it would just be a black screen and wouldn't work. but my dirty jobs and tyrant tv shows. transferred H-H no problem about 110 shows. its still really glitchy but it did work kinda. im just tired of messing with it.

My ext HD would not work on my H w/s even before it was deactivated and switched out. i was already having problems with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts