Transfer timers and recordings from hopper to hopper3

cipris

Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I currently have the hopper with sling. I am soon going to get the hopper3.
Can someone tell me, step by step list, how to transfer my timers and recordings from the hopper to the hopper3? Thanks.

Steve C
sec2@optonline.net

You can't transfer recordings via remote. That's what the EHD is for. All of your other settings can be restored to the new Hopper using the remote.

Reactions: JSheridan
You can't transfer recordings via remote. That's what the EHD is for. All of your other settings can be restored to the new Hopper using the remote.
How do I....step by step.......restore all other settings using the remote. Thanks.

Don't have a hws anymore but I think timers go like this...... (ehd I leave to others)

Menu - settings - diagnostic - wizard - backup.

Get H3

Pair remote: sys info (on box) - press sat on remote

Menu - menu - tools - restore

Put ALL boxes in standby each night and pray one day they will appear.

I currently have the hopper with sling. I am soon going to get the hopper3.
Can someone tell me, step by step list, how to transfer my timers and recordings from the hopper to the hopper3? Thanks.

Steve C
sec2@optonline.net
Rumor is if your hws has CUI you can use ethernet cable to transfer recordings to the h3. The H3 has the option but haven't heard anyone use it.

Personally I watched as much as I could and transfered the rest to my phone using dish anywhere.

Rumor is if your hws has CUI you can use ethernet cable to transfer recordings to the h3. The H3 has the option but haven't heard anyone use it.

Personally I watched as much as I could and transfered the rest to my phone using dish anywhere.

The rumor is correct. But it is very buggy. For example, my two HWS keep endlessly transferring recordings between them despite me never requesting the transfer. They even transfer the recording while the recording is in process and corrupt the recording in the process. I had to isolate my HWS' to stop the copying. Very very annoying and rendering much of the HWS useless before the isolation.

The rumor is correct. But it is very buggy. For example, my two HWS keep endlessly transferring recordings between them despite me never requesting the transfer. They even transfer the recording while the recording is in process and corrupt the recording in the process. I had to isolate my HWS' to stop the copying. Very very annoying and rendering much of the HWS useless before the isolation.
Are you connecting them with ethernet cable?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)