Transfering recordings to ipad?

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I have the Hopper3 and was wondering how you transferred recordings to an ipad or other mobile device. I could of sworn that I seen something on the Hooper about "prepare for mobile", but can't find it now.

You can go to DishAnywhere and then go to your DVR tab to see your recordings. From there you can select the transfer option. Will prepare for mobile if not already prepared from the Hopper settings. WIll take a little longer to transfer if not ready for mobile since it has to prepare on the Hopper then do the download.

On the Hopper (NOT a Joey) go to Settings and then Timer Defaults. There you will see an option for Smart Prepare (from a Joey this option is not available). Set to on or off. IMO, if you do not do a lot of transfers then leave off and then just wait a little longer for the download on the mobile device. I believe that it may eat up more Hopper hard drive space if you have prepare for mobile on and it's having to create a mobile ready file all the time for ALL your recordings. Can't confirm, but seem to recall that's the case.

I just download to a tablet as needed as I do not do this a lot. Mostly when traveling and get the recordings I want to watch on my tablet a few days before I leave. But your needs may be different. Good luck!

EDIT
You have the instructions on the Dish website. Just select the type of remote used then scroll down to the prepare for mobile option:
https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/manage/recordings

Last edited:
Reactions: xfoneguy
I have the Hopper3 and was wondering how you transferred recordings to an ipad or other mobile device. I could of sworn that I seen something on the Hooper about "prepare for mobile", but can't find it now.
For the IPad, go to the "App" store and download (and install) the "Dish" app. It's fairly simple once it's installed. You need to have a "Dish Account" so create one if you don't already have it.

Just curious, but is the "smart prepare for mobile" actually working for anyone? I have it turned on, but whenever I transfer a show the app still does the "preparing for mobile" thing.

Reactions: xfoneguy
I keep seeing shows that I watched a week ago show up in my dvr section of the I pad when I use the I pad to transfer them . I keep deleting them and they keep showing back up the next day . No matter whether I dump the trash in my folder , they show up again. Sometimes I transfer the shows and they are last weeks show. Very confusing change with the hopper 3.

Well it has only been around three weeks , so I guess I will have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Are you talking about the HopperGo? The transfer to device (at least on iOS) has been around quite a long time.

Yeah, the hopper go does 't sound like something I would really use that much. The I pad is more my speed.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts