Transferring from 722 to Hopper 3 via EHD problem

jcook125

Original poster
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
Hey,

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a WD 3TB EHD and I've transferred my recordings from the 722 and confirmed that they are on the WD EHD.

I attached it to my hopper 3 and it keeps asking to format the drive.

What am I doing wrong? I've attempted to attach the EHD to both the front and back USB of the hopper 3.

Hey,

I have a WD 3TB EHD and I've transferred my recordings from the 722 and confirmed that they are on the WD EHD.

What am I doing wrong? I've attempted to attach the EHD to both the front and back USB of the hopper 3.
My guess is because 3tb is not supported.

Unplug the EHD, do a hard reboot, unplug the Hopper, plug the EHD back in after the Hopper is fully rebooted. If it still wants to reformat the drive, call Dish (or go to DIRT on this website) and ask for a re-hit.

I just went through this myself from my H3 install last weekend.

I had DIRT do a 'hit' on my account yesterday after many attempts at unplugging/plugging my EHD. When I got home, one last unplug and plug-in of my EHD and voila - my H3 could now see my EHD and all my recordings.

Hey,

Ever get it going?

It's probably just bugs in the software still. I know they are still working on the hopper to hopper transfer. It worked for mine but it's not fully supported yet and I've heard other people mention it not working. I don't know about external hard drives but my bet is these things are going to continue to be glitchy for a few more software updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)