Transferring Hopper Recordings

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
Dumb question, but just wanted to double-check... if I get one of these new WD My Passport USB 3.0 external hard drives, will it still work with the original Hopper's USB 2.0 ports, so I can transfer the recorded programs to the new H3?

Dumb question, but just wanted to double-check... if I get one of these new WD My Passport USB 3.0 external hard drives, will it still work with the original Hopper's USB 2.0 ports, so I can transfer the recorded programs to the new H3?
They are backwards compatible. Slower but compatible. If you have a full drive give yourself a few days to transfer. Many have also suggested only doing a few at a time to avoid failure of transfer.

Make sure the drive is self powered or Dish will not support it. That is not powered by the USB port.

Reactions: DWS44
Last edited:
Everything I've read here is the the 3.0s aren't all that much faster.