Transferring Recordings from One Hopper 3 to another Hopper 3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have read that I can transfer all or part of my recordings on one Hopper 3 to another Hopper 3 and back with an EHD. Is this correct?
Yes, you would transfer recordings off of Hopper one to an EHD. Then you would plug that EHD into Hopper two and transfer those recordings into Hopper two. Or, you could simply leave the recordings on the EHD and view the recordings directly off of the EHD. Both Hoppers must be on the same account, you can't transfer between different accounts.

Great - this would be great to transfer recordings from the house H3 to the RV H3 to watch on my trips. It would be good to also transfer recordings from the RV H3 to the house H3 when I get back from a trip. Right now I have recordings on the Wally in the RV that I can only watch in the RV or delete them when I store the RV for the winter. This is another plus to switch from my Wally to the H3 in the RV.

Reactions: TheKrell
I thought you could also do this over Ethernet.
Yes you can connect the two H3s with a LAN cable and transfer your recordings from Hopper #1 to Hopper #2. It seems to be a little faster than using a EHD. It also saves one step just H3 to H3 instead of H3 #1 to EHD and then EHD to H3 #2.
Go to Diagnostics, then Tools and on the right side middle is the menu to select transferring files from one H3 to another using a LAN cable.