Transferring timers "unable to restore previous receivers settings"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EddieViscosity

Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Virginia
I replaced a HWS today (hard drive failed after 2 months). Backed up the settings from the old hopper last night. Now when I try to restore the timers, I get an Attention 1249, "unable to restore previous receivers settings". Anyone know how to get timers back? I still have the old hopper but its been deactivated.

I replaced a HWS today (hard drive failed after 2 months). Backed up the settings from the old hopper last night. Now when I try to restore the timers, I get an Attention 1249, "unable to restore previous receivers settings". Anyone know how to get timers back? I still have the old hopper but its been deactivated.
You need to wait at least another day. Hoppers take 24-72 hours to get up to full functionality under normal circumstances. HOWEVER, the u334 software that it will probably have does have a problem with recognizing EHDs. You can either push a buggy 336 update, or wait until Feb 2 or thereabouts for a fixed version.

Keep trying. I think there might currently be an 'issue' with restoring settings from the remote. I had the same problem a few weeks back and just kept trying. Eventually the timers transferred (no other settings, just the timers) even though I kept getting the error message. I was happy when I got the timers and quit while I was ahead. :)

When I did an H3 upgrade, I carefully backed up my timers/configuration from my H2 and linked the 40 remote to the H3. It failed to restore anything but I can't remember if there was an error message.

It took me three attempts of going back to the H2 and backing up it's settings to the 40 remote, then moving to the H3 and attempting a restore before the restore actually worked. So try again a few more times before giving up. Your old receive does not need to be activated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts