Transferring Timers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hmm if I'm not mistaken I think the Timers are saved in the Remote so I would think you could pull them over to the H3 but good question.. :)

In the remote?? LOL strange place for them. Had no idea.

Yeah its been awhile since I have done it but just do a backup of the remote then when you get your H3 then do a restore with the same remote. I think this is how it's done if I'm not mistaken.

In the remote?? LOL strange place for them. Had no idea.
I agree, this is a strange way to do things especially since it requires bi-directional communication between the remote and the receiver.

IMHO, it would be better to save this information to server on the internet and have it restored as part of a receiver install (asking first of course). But we need to keep in mind that internet is optional and may not be present for many Dish customers so the remote does make at least some sense.

I did a backup on my H2 just before it was turned off and restore from remote to the H3 and it worked perfectly. All timers, favorites lists, as well as other configuration items.

BTW, my installer had no idea this capability existed so you may be on your own. On H3, the menu is under Diagnostics. It took me a while to find it as it's not logical -- should be under remote.

I find the backingup/restoring of the timers in the remote a nice feature of Dish, others should follow this model.

Before the install, backup your remote and hopper. Then after install, pair the new 52 remote, then go into setting/remotes and pair your old 40.0 remote. Then go into Diagnostics/Tools where you will find the option to restore timers and settings from your 40.0 remote. Just make sure you access that screen FROM your 40.0 remote. It will restore and then the H3 with reboot. I did it, all my timers were restored and even new recordings were scheduled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)