Transferring to EHD

Good luck. Please let me know if my instructions were helpful.

Chuck, instructions worked great! Thanks. Funny thing is that my HWS came up with S529 s/w after downloading during setup. Everything I tried to do creating folders/hooking up my EHD from 722K all worked without problem. Unit appears to be fully operational right off the bat....
Thanks for your help, Gerry

Has anyone transferring to EHD had issues with PTAT shows? I've been moving stuff in anticipation of doing the upgrade soon and noticed that any PTAT shows that I save only moved all but the most recent episode.

So if a show I save from there has 9 episodes on the box, only 8 transfer. The 9th and most recent appears on the DVR page, but doesn't appear in the transfer page for me to transfer it.

...So if a show I save from there has 9 episodes on the box, only 8 transfer. The 9th and most recent appears on the DVR page, but doesn't appear in the transfer page for me to transfer it.

PTAT shows are not actually "saved" until PTAT is over. You can set that to anywhere from one to eight days, with eight as the default.

So I guess once I have a date that I'll be upgrading I'll need to shrink that down so that I can get those off.

Maybe turn PTAT off for the last night or so and record manually. Ideally I'd like to have the system completely transferred before installation so I don't need to try and have multiple boxes running afterwards.

thanks

Reactions: charlesrshell
When I did a Hopper exchange, I turned off the PTAT and set 'record this' for all of the programs that I would normally watch for the period between when I turned off PTAT and getting my new Hopper. After I got my new Hopper activated, I set PTAT on and all was well.

I have a small problem with my EHDs. When my first EHD became full, I installed a second one. Now I want to transfer shows and movies from my first EHD to the second EHD. The pathway to do this does not seem to exist. I have been transferring from EHD 1 to the Hopper and then from the Hopper to EHD 2. There has to be a better way but I can't find it.

Don't urn off PTAT, just reduce it to the one least important day and set the retention time to one day, That way you will keep auto skip. The four channel on one tuner recording feature continues to work, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)