Transparent Satellite Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
PSB said:
Have seen them available in the UK for some time. Look great!
I had been wondering if you had ever seen one. Too bad that they seem unavailable the U.S.
Are they as transparent as they look in the photographs?
I don't think that I've ever seen a material that transmits light, yet is reflective to RF....Maybe because it's transparent? :)
Take care.

Check out that LX200

That LX200 antenna looks great for places that do not allow dishes or for those that do not like the look of a dish mounted on the side of their house. I don't see any other sites with a listing for it though.

You should see that thread that has a camoflauged satellite dish. You can probably get a satellite cover too.

In my opinion, satellite dishes look beautiful :D

Homeowner's associations need to get a life and not look at other people's property if they don't like what they see...

I'm sure Iceberg will agree :)

I had a friend that had the HOA from hell syndrome. They didn't want any dishes on your house period unless the neighborhood signed off on it. Take note this guy didn't have any kids. ;) He bought one of those thin plastic kid play house things. We put the 18inch dish about 4 or 5 inches off the ground and stuck the house over it. Anchored the house down and that was it. They couldn't say a thing.

I hope that no one thinks that I'm condoning any HOA (or hiding your dish for any reason) by what I'm posting. I posted the transparent dish because it seemed really cool, and I thought that it might interest others as much as it did me. I'm an extreme individualist, and I don't like people telling me what to do with my own property. I also think that there's nothing more beautiful than a pure white satellite dish (or a golden terrestrial antenna) against a clear blue winter sky.
This being said, I thought that this link was sort of interesting too. It's a satellite bush:
http://www.satellitedish.com/satellitebush.htm
Almost 70 dollars for plastic plants!
This isn't a plug for this company. Please buy items from the people who support this forum.

I didnt know that the signal would go through that much plastic. If you want to surprise someone with a satellite system for birthday or Christmas then this would be a great way to keep it a secret.

123tim said:
I hope that no one thinks that I'm condoning any HOA (or hiding your dish for any reason) by what I'm posting. I posted the transparent dish because it seemed really cool, and I thought that it might interest others as much as it did me. I'm an extreme individualist, and I don't like people telling me what to do with my own property. I also think that there's nothing more beautiful than a pure white satellite dish (or a golden terrestrial antenna) against a clear blue winter sky.
This being said, I thought that this link was sort of interesting too. It's a satellite bush:
http://www.satellitedish.com/satellitebush.htm
Almost 70 dollars for plastic plants!
This isn't a plug for this company. Please buy items from the people who support this forum.

Did you watch the video??? ROTFLMAO!!!!

Stupid.....

Not sure on the specifics of what a HOA can limit but since 1996, they have to allow you to put a DVB/DSS antenna somewhere on your property if it is required to receive a signal. They may be able to restrict where it is placed for historical or aesthetic reasons, but if I've read the legal-ese correctly, the HOA generally cannot prevent an installation if it is covered in this ruling. It specifically applies to DVB/DSS antenna up to 1 meter in size.

The FCC enacted this rule to prohibit restrictions so that just about anyone can have a dish. I'll bet that DishNet and DirecTV had some high pressure lobbyists at the FCC to get this done and probably greased many palms in the process.

Check it out show the HOA the FCC ruling and tell them where to go. You can get a copy, and you'll find it here. This link explains what it does and doesn't cover. Good reading if you want to make a nice, lingering stink in the neighborhood. :)

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

eric

That satellite "bush" is hilarious! :)

It reminds me of some cell towers around Metairie (suburb of New Orleans). They have been disguised as large trees and the "branches" at the top hold the cellular antenna arrays :D

Last edited:
Tron said:
That satellite "bush" is hilarious! :)
It reminds me of some cell towers around Metairie (suburb of New Orleans). They have been disguised as large trees and the "branches" at the top hold the cellular antenna arrays :D

They have them in Las Vegas and they're even more ridiculous here. A 50 ft faux pine tree next the freeway looks 10x more obtrusive than a naked cell tower.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Good Shooting Tex

Fortec Classic setup question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)