Transponder 1 acting funny on 110

jvmcdowe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Help, losing my locals (110s).

I've done all the standard test. I am getting strong signal on a number of transponders. This is one thing I have noticed. WhenI go into "point dish" and pick transponder 8 (110 strength), then pick done I find it flips right back to transponder 1 with no signal. The channel will come in for about 1 second every minute. Transponder one comes in very weak for about one second every minute in the "point dish" screen. Again I change it to transponder 8, select done an the process starts over again.

side note: This started happening the same time I canceled Starz preview (probably unrelated)

Transponders 1 - 10 are usually spotbeams and show as zero or very low if you do not have the channels in your area. Try this, tune to one of your local channels then go to point dish screen, that would be the transponder you should get. What is the strenth on that one. Note: you should never use spot beam transponders to point your dish.

Here is my problem: If I go to point dish screen and roll through my transponders I get a strength of 109 on transponder 1 sat 110. Now when I exit to my local channel that uses that transponder I get no picture. Flip back to point dish and no signal strength. Move to transponder 31 then back to 1 and get solid strength again. It is like when I tune the channel it zaps the strength. What's up?

I deleted your duplicate post. Please dont create duplicate posts

What locals do you have? Transponder 1 on 110 is a CONUS spot so there are no locals on there...

When you exit out of the check signal screen, it defaults to whatever channel you were last on

I just merged this thread with your other one. PLEASE KEEP THE SAME ISSUE IN ONE POST. It makes it too hard to follow along

Now, I'll ask again...What locals do you have?

Cleveland localsI have cleveland locals

For instance channel 8 when I go into point dish says transponder 1

I have receiver 625. 31 has a good signal on 110, but as I mentioned when I tune to channel 8 (or any locals) I notice it goes to Ts 1. I asked a friend last night to check his channel 8 transponder and it read Ts 1 good strength. Do you think it could be the receiver. Does it matter that I live on the border of cleveland/pittsburgh as my local distributor?

as long as you are in the Cleveland DMA (and you didn't "move" to get Cleveland locals) you should be fine

Try a hard reset. Unplug the reciever for a couple minutes and see if that helps. You should be able to get your locals with no issues.

"move"?

I did recently move closer to Pittsburgh, but I had been receiving the Cleveland locals just fine for the past two months.

jvmcdowe said:
I did recently move closer to Pittsburgh, but I had been receiving the Cleveland locals just fine for the past two months.

E* is moving locals to narrower spot beams (they used to be good for about 300 miles), if you were on fringe before could be why you lost them when the channels were moved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)