Transponder 15 Spot beams on 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

intrac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
I get a very strong signal on TP15 in WNY.

Am I correct that the only spotbeam centers on TP15 are Bangor, Bethpage, Raleigh, Atlanta, & Miami ?

Could I possibly be getting the NY spots from Bethpage since the other spots appear to be too far?

Am I correct that the only spotbeam centers on TP15 are Bangor, Bethpage, Raleigh, Atlanta, & Miami?
No. According to Mike's post here, transponder 15 can feed spotbeams 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, and 21. I believe those numbers correspond to the old Rainbow spotbeam chart (also posted by Mike123abc), and not to the spot numbers reported in the uplink reports.

Last edited:
Apologies for my cryptic "No" above, prior to my editing. Now fixed.

As for your 2nd question, I think it quite likely that you are in a usable part of the NY spot. It's not strong here, but I can get it too in northern VA. That is, unless I'm seeing TP15 in spot 5. ;)

It's too bad there isn't an easy was to determine which spot you are getting on a transponder on 61.5. I think on 110, it identifies the spots.

If I am seeing NY, then that's an easy way to move again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)