Transponder problems

Man - this one is pretty doggone strange.

If I had the opportunity, I'd be swapping parts with the neighbor to see when the problem moves. I don't know how well you know the neighbor, but maybe try to run that 100' RG-6 you bought over to his dish and see what happens, other swapping as needed to narrow it down.

Normally I would tell you to also check for outside intereference, radar detectors, HAM radio operaters, things like that had been known to interfere with individual transponders, although most anything ike that is probably illegal and you should call the fcc and see who is doing what in your area. I may have just missed this earlier but, have you tried to hook the rcvr up in a different location? Maybe getting a six pack and asking your neighbor a favor?

Things that make you go Hmmm.

I'm sure if you've called those wonderful csrs' you probably already did a smart card reset and possibly even unplugged the receiver. If the lnb was replaced make sure it does not say DP on the side. Good luck. Brand new run of rg6 should tell you a lot. I guess we cant blame it on the grounding block since it's not grounded....or can we? :rolleyes:

grounding?

If the system isn't grounded at all, isn't that a problem in and of itself? Grounding blocks are easy to blame but when it comes down to it, aren't there are a lot more reasons to ground a system than simply possible lightening strikes? Electrical and static build-up can cause all sorts of wierd issues esp. in parts dealing with fickle signals and low voltages such as lnbs and recievers

Also, have you tried another box? Maybe use your neighbor's and see if the same exact issue continues? or take yours over there and see if the prob cont.

Radio tower might have an effect but it seems a bit odd that this would just pop up. Call the radio station and talk to a manager to see if they might have increased their power or changed their transmission.

If I were you, I'd call and demand billing adjustments every once in a while... you might as well get a few bucks out of the whole deal right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts