Transponder question

Yes, cleared the switch matrix, found my three sats, but still missing those even transponders on the 119 and 110. I called Dish to try to get them to send me a new 811 and the tech tells me he thinks it is my DPP44 switch, not the 811. Gonna call back and talk to a different tech and see where that gets me unless someone thinks it could be the switch?

Well, I got a replacement 811 and hooked it up and still get the same results. Guess I'll have to let them send someone out to check the switch now.

Sorry if you don't like my appraoch, but as I stated people tend to narrow these things down for you when they hear too many specifics, and leave some of the basic causes behind.
If you would state your situation outright, you might not have to ask a series of questions and waste our time trying to cover all of the bases that you've already "eliminated". Chances are pretty good that someone here could, at the very least, cut the problem down much more quickly than your approach of having everyone give all possible guesses.

This is especially aggravating when we find that in your haste to deny us details, you gave us bad information.

Yes, cleared the switch matrix, found my three sats, but still missing those even transponders on the 119 and 110. I called Dish to try to get them to send me a new 811 and the tech tells me he thinks it is my DPP44 switch, not the 811. Gonna call back and talk to a different tech and see where that gets me unless someone thinks it could be the switch?
The next step would be to bypass the DPP44 temporarily. This would allow you to quickly ascertain whether the problem is with the LNBs or the DPP44.

Is your power inserter working?

First another criticism and then some help, so thanks for the help anyway. Yes, my power inserter is working and connected to port 1 as it should be. I will try bypassing the switch and see what I get then, but is it possible that the LNBs would only work for the 322 and not the 811?

Ok Ive been thinking over this problem and can be narrowed down to three strong potentials.

(1) The dpp44 is failing, I have seen the O.P.'s issue more on switches than anything else but there is a close second to this. Not all receivers are the same even though they have the same model and innards. Set up 100 811's in a row and set them to the same transponder on the signal screen and all will vary marginaly with some greatly.

(2) The next closest is the ground block, a build up of resistance in the ground block(s) can cause signal loss.

(3) LNBF's can stop passing odd or even polarity as the other two can do the same.

Im leaning towards the switch or the lnbfs but mostly the switch, I rarely saw this issue with lnbfs and when I did it was mostly on the quads.

Van, thanks for the input, greatly appreciated, especially since you didn't feel the need to criticize me first.
I did as suggested and connected the LNBs directly to my receiver and got the exact same results, no even number transponders are showing up on 110 or 119. So if it is an LNB problem how come the 322 is able to pick up all the tps while the 811 cannot?

Van, thanks for the input, greatly appreciated, especially since you didn't feel the need to criticize me first.
I did as suggested and connected the LNBs directly to my receiver and got the exact same results, no even number transponders are showing up on 110 or 119. So if it is an LNB problem how come the 322 is able to pick up all the tps while the 811 cannot?

Could be the 811 tuner start to failing.

Thanks Technoguy, but this is the replacement 811 that they just sent out to me, I could understand that on the old one, but also on the newly remanufactured one too?

Thanks Technoguy, but this is the replacement 811 that they just sent out to me, I could understand that on the old one, but also on the newly remanufactured one too?

I replaced 5 remanufactured 301 and 3 508 just this week along with the same problem,So my guess is yes is possible.Try something if you can,run a check switch in a different setup(Friend o family member close to you )and see if outside your home the problem persist or not.

I replaced 5 remanufactured 301 and 3 508 just this week along with the same problem,So my guess is yes is possible.Try something if you can,run a check switch in a different setup(Friend o family member close to you )and see if outside your home the problem persist or not.

Guess I was giving Dish too much credit for sending out equipment that actually works properly. I wish I had a friend or family member in the area with Dish, I would have tried this already.
Thanks for your input.

Last check before change 811 again - disconnect all receivers, left the DPP44 only on own power line; if you can check voltage at that end of cable what coming to DPP44 port 1 from power inserter, if not - then wait for evening and touch fins at the switch - you should feel it warm.

Last edited:
Thanks Smith, will give that a shot. Don't think Dish will send me another 811, after my last call telling them that the new receiver was giving me the same problems all they would tell me was that I needed to set up a service call. They wouldn't answer any questions or say anything other than that I needed to make an appt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)