transponder/ spotbeam

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question about the spotbeams... if i "move" i know that there are just a few options about the cities that you can move to that are not spotbeamed...
but can you move to one that is spotbeamed.. i mean is it possible..
and if yes ... how can you tell if it will work

any help is greatly appreicated

If you have a dish looking at the satellite where the questioned spotbeam is located, you can still see if you will get decent signal strength by going to the point dish screen and changing to the satellite and TP that the particular spot beam is on and it will tell you how much signal it sees.

If you have a dish looking at the satellite where the questioned spotbeam is located, you can still see if you will get decent signal strength by going to the point dish screen and changing to the satellite and TP that the particular spot beam is on and it will tell you how much signal it sees.
That's great advice except that nobrains hasn't told us where he wants to "move" to. He could be living under a different spotbeam, and get a great signal strength on that transpoder, yet still not be able to receive the programs he wants.

You are 450 mile from NYC, virtually no chance you could see the NYC spot beams on 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts