Travel Channel going out for anyone else?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I turned on my HWS tonight about half an hour ago to watch Expedition Unknown on the Travel Channel, and I didn't see it in my recordings list. I went to the timer list and it said it was recording. Hmmmm... So I turned to the channel, and I got a popup saying Channel Outage. NOT Signal Loss, mind you, but Channel Outage. I don't think I ever saw that one before. I couldn't look at the signal strength because I had other recordings going, so I looked up what other channels were on that transponder and started checking them. All of them were on. When I got back to the Travel Channel, about 10 minutes ago, it was back on too. I looked at my recording list, and noticed that another show on the channel from midnight last night wasn't recorded, even though the HWS said it was.

Could be corrupt program guide data. I have had a problem like this on FX. It has happened on both Directv and Dish with me. I have had skipped recordings and recordings shut off before they are over. Last year I was recording The Americans and it quit 45 mins. into a 60 min. recording. I just try to watch FX shows live now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)