Travel Channel HD coming? Access magazine thinks so.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
I feel like such a geek for even noticing this, but here goes.....

On page 21 in the August '08 issue of AccessDirecTV, you'll notice it is a highlights page of HD programming this month. In the second column, immediately under "BRAINFOOD," you will notice it highlights a program, "Seven Wonders of China" that premieres July 30th at 10PM EST on Travel Channel 277. Last time I checked, we didn't get Travel Channel in HD. This should not be listed on a HD Highlights page that specifically says, "all in HD." Not to mention this is an August issue displaying programming in July (which explains the reason for the note to the postperson that says "please deliver by July 25, 2008," which arrived on the 30th and for me has never arrived by the date they ask it to be delivered)

Along with AMC HD (for Breaking Bad season 2 only, not the movies), Investigation Discovery HD (not available yet), Fox News HD, and as many premiums as they can give me, Travel Channel HD is in my top five desired HD adds. What a tease to see this listed in Access. Talk about an editing blunder.

Anybody know where to report this or if I should bother. My bank didn't seem to care when I formally complained about them scrapping the very useful Saturday banking hours I used and my grocer didn't care that I wanted a specific product back on the shelf. So what good is complaining going to do?

I'll go back in my lonely cave now.

I do remember back in November the Dish accidentally put up a whole bunch of hd channels on their website. Then took them down. I believe everyone of those channels listed are lit up now. Maybe a good sign??

travel channel is one i really want! we should have everything our competition has and more.

Last month, Access magazine had movies airing on HBO Family as showing in HD. I took it as a typo. I saw this month where they are teasing a program in HD that airs on the Travel Channel. Hopefully this is NOT a typo. But I do find typos and mistakes in that magazine almost on a monthly basis.

Last month, Access magazine had movies airing on HBO Family as showing in HD. I took it as a typo. I saw this month where they are teasing a program in HD that airs on the Travel Channel. Hopefully this is NOT a typo. But I do find typos and mistakes in that magazine almost on a monthly basis.

Yeah, I have seen the grid show movies in HD on non-HD channels and the movie a-z is pretty poopy too. I just thought this error was especially bad since they were highlighting a program on the HD Highlights page for a channel they don't yet have in HD.

Along with AMC HD (for Breaking Bad season 2 only, not the movies), Investigation Discovery HD (not available yet), Fox News HD, and as many premiums as they can give me, Travel Channel HD is in my top five desired HD adds. What a tease to see this listed in Access. Talk about an editing blunder.

I would like to see Mad Men in HD on AMC as well....

It's a series, not a movie....

yeah, I know. Cable channels have a tendency to replay their series over and over again. It might go away for a few months and then they'll dedicate a Saturday to the "Mad Men Marathon." Happens all the time. They rerun the series.... season 1 or whatever, I'll watch it.

I don't watch movies on basic cable channels. I have well over 500 DVDs, and a ton of commercial free, uncut premium channels. I hate when people watch basic cable torn apart versions of movies that air on channels like TNT or AMC. I had mentioned that I only wanted AMC HD because I enjoy Breaking Bad and the other poster said Mad Men was good too.... I said I'd check it out. Never said I thought it was a movie :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)