Travel Channel HD freezing

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Is anyone else having problems with the Travel Channel HD freezing? It can go a long time without doing it, but then when it starts doing it it can do it every few minutes. It doesn't break up at all, just freezes. The audio stops too but it comes back faster than the picture. It's been like this for a few days, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it except for one person on Usenet.

It's gotten worse. Travel HD is freezing every couple of minutes tonight. I reported it a few days ago but I haven't heard anything from Dish. Does anyone know if this problem is coming from the Travel Channel themselves? It doesn't do it on the SD channel, and I don't know anybody that has the HD channel on cable.

This was happening to me and I noticed I had really low signal strenght on that particular transponder. I think I was pulling this off 61.5...

I checked the signal strength when I first noticed the problem. It was indeed lower than most transponders, but not low enough that it should be cutting out entirely (or really at all in normal weather.) In another thread I had it confirmed that it's always been a poor transponder. Also, the other channels on that transponder don't act like Travel HD is acting.

I got an email from Dish. They said they've had other complaints and they're going to place the channel under observation.

If it's still acting like it was last night, it won't take much observation to see it! But of course that doesn't mean they'll have any idea what the problem is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)