Travel Channel HD Missing in Guide

cjfitch

Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Chicago, IL
I apologize if someone has already posted something similar, but this is the problem I am having -- As of two days ago, 1 channel is missing from my normal list of channels in the guide and that is the travel channel HD (Channel 215 or 9437). It doesn't even appear. The strange thing is that if I sort by ALL Channels, I can watch the Travel Channel in standard definition, just not HD. This channel has been working just fine for me for over a year now, and all of a sudden, it's not and I am puzzled.

I called Dish Network and they had me check a few things however they had to start a "special" issue and assign this to their engineering department, and said it could take 72 business hours.

I should also mention I have a VIP722 DVR that is running L6.18 software. Do you think it's related to the fact that I am not on the newest software release? The representative said if I powered down the unit for 30 minutes it would upgrade me to L6.21 however when I do that, it simply runs a SCAN and finds transponders, frequencies, etc... and when it's all done, I am still on L6.18.

In addition to trying they also said that the Travel Channel HD should show up if Sattelite Echostar 129, Transponder 17 was in the Scan Results in the QAM Setup Screen, and it is, so I am stumped and hoping someone here will know what the issue might be.

I live in a condo building that deals specifically with Dish Network so I don't have access to any equipment other than my receiver...

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks!

Check your 'Channel Locks'. I had a similar problem trying to get the new MSNBC-HD to show up. The CSR was stumped. On a hunch, I went into the Locks menu and found channel 9511 MSNBC was locked out. I also found some other channels with locks on them and I don't remember putting them on. After unlocking 9511, MSNBC-HD showed up in the guide.

Just checked the channel locks and the HD versions of that Channel don't even show up in the channel listing. Definitely a good idea though... thanks for the idea, but that still doesn't seem to be the issue. It's just weird that I was able to get the channel two days ago and now it's gone. Recently I got some newer HD Channels -- MTV HD, Comedy Central HD, Spike HD, etc... I wonder if there is some correlation...

By rebooting, I'm assuming you mean holding down the power button on the front of the unit for 10 seconds. If so, yes, and that didn't solve the problem. The first time I talked to a CSR at Dish Network they told me they were sending a hit to my receiver in 15 minutes (that was two days ago), and I didn't see anything happen, so then I called back about 3 hours later and that's when they said they had to send a special issue to the "engineering dept". Maybe I will call them again tomorrow and request another hit...

I'm just hoping it isn't a receiver issue and that it's something that is fixable without a piece of hardware being replaced...

Thanks for the advice...

And, I wouldn't even care if I was missing the Disney Channel HD... the only reason I'm complaining is that it's basically the 1 channel I watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)