Traverse City CBS Feed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
Hello All,
I was just wondering if any one has any inside information on why there is no tv 9and10 on DISH for Traverse City. We have all of the other locals in the area accept them. What is the deal?

Dish and that station have not reached a retransmission agreement. Dish cannot sell you that channel until the local station lets Dish do it. At this time, they aren't.

The reason could range from the station wanting more money than Dish is willing to pay to the local station requiring Dish to carry a low power station before it will let Dish carry the CBS station. But there is no way to tell what the real reason is.

Email the station to see what is going on. info@9and10news.com

See ya
Tony

Hello, I am a Dish retailer in the eastern UP and we are in CBS 9 and 10's viewing area. I suggest calling 9 and 10 directly at 1-800-Star910 and speak with the station manager Bill Kring. Tell him that you want cbs 9 and 10 on Dish Network. He has given me several different excuses as to why they are not on Dish network but none are very strong. Basically he has concerns with the national cbs feed being available in this market. CBS 9 and 10 is the highest rated station in this market. I urge all dish network customers to call him and let him know that you want his station on Dish Network.

I wonder if Mr. Kring realizes that I wouldn't have "moved" my physical address to the Grand Rapids DMA if his station was available on Dish. I don't watch his station at all because of his refusal to consent to retransmission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts