Not open for further replies.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 6, 2006
TN
From www.etonline.com It looks like a cast for the big-screen version of "Dallas" is close to being corralled.According to Daily Variety,John Travolta is considering the role of oil tycoon J.R. Ewing,Jennifer Lopez has been offered the part of Sue Ellen Ewing,Luke Wilson is in negotiations to play Bobby Ewing and Shirley MacClaine may play family matriarch Miss Ellie Ewing.The updated take on the hit '80's TV series will be directed by Robert Luketic (Monster In Law) with production likely to start in October.

I'm sorry, I like J-Lo and all but she is 1000% wrong for this project. I would go with:

J. R. Ewing: John Travolta
Bobby Ewing: Luke Wilson
Sue Ellen Ewing: Terri Hatcher
Pamela Barnes Ewing: Valerie Bertinelli
Eleanor Ewing Farlow: Alyson Reed
Cliff Barnes: Brian Dennehey
Willard Barnes: Andy Griffith
Rebecca Barnes Wentworth:
Ray Krebbs: Dennis Quaid
Donna Krebs:
Julie Grey:
Alan Beam: Charlie Sheen

I like your ideas about the cast charper1.I agree with you about J-Lo_Of all of the reports and rumors that I have read and looked at online in regards to this film,there seems to be one big omission from the cast.Who would play the role of Jock Ewing?I have seen two names being tossed around as ideas for that role,Burt Reynolds and Willie Nelson.

Willie would be as bad as J-Lo, and Burt is really looking bad after all the facelifts. I was unsure if Jock was in it because I didn't know what the time-lines of the movie were, as I am not a huge fan. Mitch Ryan (Dharma & Greg) would be perfect. Would it be too weird if Larry Hagman played him? Maybe even Tommy Lee Jones or Harrison Ford.

LOL....I had actually wondered if Larry Hagman would consider that role if it was offered to him.I'm not sure about the time line theme of the film either,but,it seems that if they are going to cast a role for Miss Ellie,they would do the same for Jock.

What do you think of Mitchell Ryan of Dharma & Greg and Dark Shadows fame?
Heck even Susan Sullivan could play Miss Ellie, Thomas Gibson as Bobby.

Attachments

• elenco6.jpg
    elenco6.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 153
charper1 said:
What do you think of Mitchell Ryan of Dharma & Greg and Dark Shadows fame?
Heck even Susan Sullivan could play Miss Ellie, Thomas Gibson as Bobby.

Okay who did he play on DArk Shadows? I don't remember him from that show. I do emember him from All My Children in the 80s.

Burke Devlin #1 (1966-1967) (original cast) (as Mitchell Ryan) Supposedly someone accused him of heavy drinking and he was replaced for the 2nd season.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0752751/

He was also in some of these noted titles:
"Dallas" as Cpt Fogarty (1984)
Naked City
The Defenders
The High Chaparral
The Streets of San Francisco
High Plains Drifter
Death of a Centerfold: The Dorothy Stratten Story

when i heard about this it pissed me off. don't have a problem with travolta. i think he would be a good j r. i do have a problem with lopez and wilson. i don't want the writers to ruin dallas like they did with the dukes of hazzard.

A couple of other names that come to mind for me are Matt Dillon and Joaquin Phoenix.Whatever roles they played,I imagine they would put on a helluva show.

Here is what I came up with......

J. R. Ewing: John Travolta
Bobby Ewing: Matthew McConaughey or Ben Affleck
Jock Ewing: Sam Elliot or Jack Nicholson
Sue Ellen Ewing: Jennifer Garner
Pamela Barnes Ewing: Reese Witherspoon
Eleanor Ewing Farlow: The studio pick...Shirley is great
Cliff Barnes: George Clooney
Willard Barnes:
Rebecca Barnes Wentworth:
Ray Krebbs: Joaquin Phoenix
Donna Krebs: Jessica Biel
Julie Grey:
Alan Beam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)