Traxis dbs 2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

indyscott

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I have a few questions for anyone that owns or works with this receiver. I will use G10 for my first question. I picked up some of the channels listed in lyngsat, but not nearly all of them. How do I set the transponder manager to pick up the additional channels. I found a specific channel that the transponder list (frequency) isn't on there. I add it with the symbol rate and polarization and hit ok to add it. When I then rescan the satellite, I dont get what I added and the transponder numbers go back to what it was before. What am I not doing right to get the extra channel that I am looking for?

I am not able to get the FTA channels on AMC7 at all. It is a C band satellite. My receiver has listed 75+ I guess different satellite names, but none are AMC 7 (or W7 as my 4dtv has it). Is any available satellite name able to work on that satellite or does the satellite name have to be AMC 7 and since there isnt an AMC7, what do I do?

Thank you for your help as I am new to all this.

Traxis

I assume you have a large dish and C-band lnb, not just a ku-band setup.

1st question: Some screens will save when you "exit" or "cancel" -- others don't. (I can't remember which is on the remote: "exit" or "cancel"). In order to save any changes in the Transponder Manager screen, you press "cancel" once, then you must press "select" or "ok" (as you stated in your e-mail). If you press "cancel" a second time, any changes you made will not be saved. I recommend you check to see that the transponder you added appears in the list before you scan.

2nd question: as far as I know, any satellite name will do. Some will require more transponder editing than others, however. I believe there are a couple of generic ones named Satellite1 and Satellite2 at the end of your list...

I hope this will help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts