TREASURE HD (Voom) ON ExpressVu! - VOOM may come to other systems

Sean Mota said:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59525

This could be an indication that other Voom channels will be available through other systems. I do not know the specific of the deal but I remember that Rainbow had publicly stated that they wouldn't sell their channels like this (only the entire suite). I guess their thinking was changed.
Maybe that only applies to providers here in US.

I just tuned in and YES it is VOOM's Reasure HD! (I just watched the Guy from Coney Island and the guy who collects black collectibles.

The commercials are all for Treasure HD.

Not sure who is programming the other new channel added today Oaisis HD.

Canada puts Treasure on the map

Marking the company's first high-definition channel extension outside the US, Rainbow Media is expanding its Treasure HD Network into Canada.

High Fidelity HDTV will distribute the Treasure HD brand throughout the country, with Canadian direct-to-home satellite provider Bell ExpressVu launching the channel immediately.

In addition to the brand expansion, over 100 hours of Voom HD content that has previously aired in the US will be shown on the new Canadian outlet annually. Like its US counterpart, the HD channel will offer primarily lifestyle programming focused on the world of collecting.

The agreement also envisions collaboration between the US and Canadian channels on the creation of some 25 hours of original content each year.

Canada's Treasure HD Network will also include programming from some of Voom's other channels, particularly Gallery HD, which documents individuals' and institutions' world-class art collections.

Launched in the US in August 2004, Treasure HD is one of 15 networks that comprise Voom HD Networks' offerings. The channel features flagship series such as Collective Intelligence, a fast-paced and informative look at the do's and don't's of collecting specific categories, such as vinyl records, antique maps or vintage fishing lures.

So, TreasureHD Canada is NOT the US TreasureHD channel. It is a Voom channel changfed for Canada, with other voom things added?

Almost the 16th Voom channel!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)