Trees a Problem 4 Dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MDB in SE La

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Hammond
For my uncle's house on my property behind me, the posibility for a Dish 500 is not possible because I can line up 119 but can't get 110 because of a tree, and there are a lot of trees. If I use two 300 dishes, one where it is right now sucessfully picking up 119 and use another dish 300 maybe 15 feet away, do I use a 21 switch out there at the the two dishes close to an 80 foot run coming in his house for his 1000 receiver, Legacy I think. Mind you the dishes are not mounted on the house, that would not be possible because of trees, so they are about 80 feet down a fence row to where there is a break in the trees. I know someone will say why don't I tie his receiver into my Dish 500, but since he's behind me, it would take about 200-250+ feet of wire and I don't think that's prudent, or is it?????? I'm open for all suggestions.

yes, you can use seperate dishes, and depending on wether his lnbs are DishPro or Legacy, you can use either a SW21 switch, or a DP21 switch.

If he has a 1000 receiver it is a Legacy system. That would mean using a SW-21 switch to connect the 2 dishes..
Seeing the 1000 dosen't have any buttons on the receiver I would recommend an upgrade to a 301 or a 311 receiver for more features and the ability to use all types of DISH electronics Dish Pro Plus/Dish Pro and even old Legacy where the 1000 is Legacy only.

Yes it would work with two dishes with what he has using the sw21 switch. I would also recommend upgrading to a 301 or 311 which would work with that set-up or anything newer.

I know someone will say why don't I tie his receiver into my Dish 500, but since he's behind me, it would take about 200-250+ feet of wire and I don't think that's prudent, or is it?????? I'm open for all suggestions.

No I would not recommend that. I have personally tried that before with my relatives and I can tell you it would more of a pain in the Butt than you want to deal with and I am an installer for a living.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)