Trees and obstructed satellite views

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
A thread in the main forum has raised the issue of trees and how they can obstruct the view of a satellite. This raises some interesting issues related to environment and the FTA community.

In many jurisdictions it is becoming harder and harder to interfere with trees, pruning, topping, felling, even if it is on your land and it belongs to you. You can't touch it without permission once it reaches a certain age. Whether this is right or wrong is a separate issue that is not relevant here.

I'm no tree hugger, but I have seen the bitterness evident in a community where trees are 'valued' and have been cut or killed and the local community has not been on side. There have been a number of occasions where a homeowner who felt that their 'view' was being obstructed by this living thing on someone else's land that got bigger every year took independent action to resolve the problem, was found out and drummed out of their home and neighborhood.

I would be interested to know if there have been any occasions where satellite viewing through trees has been an issue, and has been cooperatively resolved in some way.

I have seen one example of a pizza dish owner needing the help of his neighbors LOS , it's a IN YOUR FACE install , where the dish was located right on the property line in the back yard, everytime I attend a Barbecue on their patio I'm looking straight at the dish, honestly it could have been more strategically placed , I guess the neighbor felt this was the best spot.

Well, I believe its just wrong to cut or kill a tree (or anything else) that is on someone else's property without their permission. Same goes for dishes, which are hated by many neighbors. If its not on your property, its simply none of your business (generic "your" here, of course).

Now if the tree is dead or dying and poses a danger to others, hangs partially over another's property, etc., that is an exception.

Well, I believe its just wrong to cut or kill a tree (or anything else) that is on someone else's property without their permission. Same goes for dishes, which are hated by many neighbors. If its not on your property, its simply none of your business (generic "your" here, of course).

Now if the tree is dead or dying and poses a danger to others, hangs partially over another's property, etc., that is an exception.

That decision cost my neighbor $38k. Trust me... he won't be cutting down any more of my or anyone else's trees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)