Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

I assume you mean as a Superstition, obviously locally and in local packages they are.

No they are not. But the guide data wpuld be the same. Personally I am unsure why they are blacked out since they are not part of the deal. DISH does not pay Tribune for the superstations.

In any event I was just making it clear it is not there.

No they are not. But the guide data wpuld be the same. Personally I am unsure why they are blacked out since they are not part of the deal. DISH does not pay Tribune for the superstations.

In any event I was just making it clear it is not there.

What makes you think Dish does not pay for superstations

What makes you think Dish does not pay for superstations

The law. DISH pays a general copyright fee but does not have to negotiate for rights. We have been through this MANY times. At this point I am sorry i mentioned the supers at all.

As for the NBCSN, last Olympics it was on a free preview as well. They did it back when it was Versus, also.
As it is, the NBCSN preview is scheduled to end before the Olympics, so that can't be the reason for it.

In the NBC Sports Network thread, Zach S. from DIRT said: "It is in a free preview from 6/25 to 7/24."

Post number 421 in this thread lists: "Summer Olympic Games from Rio (August 5-21)"

Isn't that the point of free previews? To get people interested in the channel enough that they would be willing to pay for it when the preview ends. During the preview there will be enough Olympic trials aired that would be enough of a "teaser" to entice people to up their package during the Olympics when they no longer have free access to the channel.

Reactions: Tampa8
I watched a FOX show MasterChef that I set an OTA timer from the guide that DISH gave us back and the AutoHop worked. Is all of FOX network AutoHop back now or just the ones that are in dispute?

As it is, the NBCSN preview is scheduled to end before the Olympics, so that can't be the reason for it.

In the NBC Sports Network thread, Zach S. from DIRT said: "It is in a free preview from 6/25 to 7/24."

Post number 421 in this thread lists: "Summer Olympic Games from Rio (August 5-21)"

Could be for the Olympic trials and NASCAR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe the AutoHop restrictions were part of the contract that is no longer in force.
Yep, you are probably right. It sure is nice. I hope someday we can get AutoHop back for all the Prime Time channels. We don't watch that much on FOX. Going to set some OTA timers for tonite to see if AutoHop still works.

Reactions: pattykay
Maybe the AutoHop restrictions were part of the contract that is no longer in force.
Wait though.... The restriction on AutoHop was negotiated at the FOX Network level, so it should still apply after all. This current dispute is with effectively a "local" station, albeit one that owns multiple, local stations all over the country and carries more networks than just FOX.

Wait though.... The restriction on AutoHop was negotiated at the FOX Network level, so it should still apply after all. This current dispute is with effectively a "local" station, albeit one that owns multiple, local stations all over the country and carries more networks than just FOX.

Not sure but auto hop can only apply to sat signals and not over the air. I could be wrong since I have only heard this from one source

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)