Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Biggest advertising dollars however are for NFL games, Tribune may have wanted those eyes back.

I am very certain Tribune has paid a very high price for blacking out Live Seahawks preseason games to us dish viewers in Western WA. From Week 2 forward (Week 1 is on KIRO & CBS here) things would not have been rosy for KCPQ. Whatever drove this, at least both sides made nice before things got super nasty.

And don't forget L.A. KTLA just picked up two weekends of Dodgers baseball with Vin Scully finishing his broadcast career. That's a huge deal for them and I'm pretty sure they didn't want this kerfffle to last any longer. Anyway, IT'S OOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRR!!!

And now, "GO SEAHAWKS!!!" The End.

Got an email from DISH with two free PPV movies and announcement my Tribune stations are back.

In Chicago, Dish has added a 30 second update on Channel 10 that the Tribune stations have been restored. Channel 9 is the Tribune owned channel. I assume all markets can see this update video

Reactions: jamesjimcie
So did anyone with Tribune delivered channels gain a local WGN as well as the national channel? This would tell you who won the stand off. After all, that was the reason why DISH kept the dispute going this long. Because they didn't want to pay twice in order to duplicate WGN as a local channel in each dma that Tribune is carried in.

I'd like to take credit for this, if I wasn't watching my recorded iZombie right now then they never would have know that somebody still watches The CW, in New Orleans. And wouldn't have signed this pact so I can watch all my DCCW shows this October.

So did anyone with Tribune delivered channels gain a local WGN as well as the national channel? This would tell you who won the stand off. After all, that was the reason why DISH kept the dispute going this long. Because they didn't want to pay twice in order to duplicate WGN as a local channel in each dma that Tribune is carried in.

Nope just got my regular WGNO and WNOL back. No extra WGN.

Where are you getting that? There is no way that WGN9 would ever be available outside of Chicago, contract negotiations have nothing to do with it.
My Bad. :oops: I already admitted in the other thread that I misunderstood what they were pushing for. The forced bundling of the locals with the national channel is what they meant , not the actual carriage of the Wgn in each locals pack that Tribune has. I re-read #739 post by Tampa last night and I understand that now.

My Bad. :oops: I already admitted in the other thread that I misunderstood what they were pushing for. The forced bundling of the locals with the national channel is what they meant , not the actual carriage of the Wgn in each locals pack that Tribune has. I re-read #739 post by Tampa last night and I understand that now.
Honestly Dish had a lot more to lose once football starts if this wasn't settled .
More people will just go somewhere else to find their games.
Obviously Charlie wanted the Tribune channels, otherwise they wouldn't be back.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)