Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

Because it would likely do me more good airing my gripe to them than to my congressman, who is a worthless liar who cares for nothing but getting re-elected at this point... I've lodged my complaint with Dish, with Tribune (twice) and the local FOX affiliate (KCPQ) and so far nothing's come of doing that (except a reply from KCPQ saying, essentially, "sorry, but there's nothing we can do"). So I'd likely be wasting my time/effort with the FCC too, but at least I might feel better...

In the past the FCC has been known to occasionally listen to consumer complaints. Maybe if they got enough of them...

Let's be careful where we go with this one guys. If you want to make it political, go to the pit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't think any post was overtly political. The reference to the Redskins was due to the fact they are in DC where the FCC is, nothing more, I think.

Unless that isn't the post being referenced, either.

Reactions: jamesjimcie and KAB
I guess that it seems like many are saying "I do not like this and therefire it must change." Perhaps it isa bad sistuation but an agency like the FCC cannot take action when the parties are not violating law or regulation.

I guess that it seems like many are saying "I do not like this and therefire it must change." Perhaps it isa bad sistuation but an agency like the FCC cannot take action when the parties are not violating law or regulation.
However, the FCC has taken action in the past when a large number of local stations are gone for an extended period of time. Usually this comes from a complaint by the local cable company or local representative citing "public safety concerns"

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Sinclair.

Do you mean when they ordered the companies to meet and "get to the bottom of the dispute?"

IF anyone really thinks that there isa likelihood of FCC action and that it would be effective by all means they should make that compaliant and see what happens.

Sinclair, the point of it was that they did get involved and stated that if nothing came of it after that, they would act. Neither compny wanted that and they came to terms rather quickly.

Again. If you really think there is likelihood ofa settlemetn because of an FCC compalint I think you should make it.

Yes, but I'm not posting to people around Chicago, a tiny percentage of subscribers or posters here get the local WGN, all the rest wouldn't even think of it. My point was it's making something out of nothing . And if people in Chicago are confused blame Tribune for insisting on bundling and carrying a cable channel with locals.

Tampa8, I don't agree with the Tribune and their business practices under the ownership of Sam Zell. Thank god they sold the Cubs to Ricketts.

The main thing is we know the difference between WGNA & WGN.

For example, in the recent – and ongoing -- dispute between DISH Network and Tribune Media, when the parties failed to reach an agreement or to extend their prior deal pending further negotiations, consumers began to suffer what is becoming an extensive blackout. I summoned both parties to Washington to negotiate in coordination with Commission staff. When that step failed to produce an agreement or an extension, the Media Bureau issued comprehensive information requests to both parties to enable FCC staff to determine whether they were meeting their duty to negotiate in good faith; we are reviewing their responses as I write. If that review reveals a dereliction of duty on the part of one or both parties, I will not hesitate to recommend appropriate Commission action.

Sounds to me like it's still under review... That being possible, lodging complaints may help...

Hi all. Has anyone received the SlingTV 3 Month trial offer from Dish for this dispute? I called a few days ago, & explained that with an antenna, i only get some local stations & the FOX station does not show via antenna. (they are sending me their antenna solution also.) The Rep offered me a 3 month SlingTV trial & stated they were sending me the code via email. I didn't receive, so the next day i called. They changed my email & the same thing. I have been calling the last 4 days & they keep saying they are sending the emails. I do receive emails stating they made changes to my account & that my email address changed, but no emails from SlingTV trial! I even called and got SlingTV's number & called! They did something to my dish account (received emails!), but nothing about the trial! SlingTV couldn't set up the account & refer me back to Dish! Anyone else have problems or get this offer from Dish? How did the email come in? I have hotmail & gmail accounts & am a network admin so i know how email works & how to check, but nothing comes from this supposed trial! I am getting FED up with Dish, but wanted to see if anyone else had issues with this offer. Thanks for any replies!

Yep, the offer isn't working. I've been talking to them on and off since Friday and their system isn't sending out the join emails. I talked to a tech last night and she was escalating the problem and said that there should be a fix within 72 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk