Tribune Hangs up for Sale Sign according to this article

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh gees dont let Nexstar get their hands on this....I'd hate to see WGNO/WNOL get scooped up by the New Media General Partner. However with 170 plus channels under their belt. I would'nt think Nexstar or Sinclair would buy Tribune out.....but you never know

Does anyone think Time Warner Inc. may try to purchase Tribune or at least their stations, with the whole CW renewal it seems that unless some new broadcast network launches which could be a big gamble if it did on Tribune stations, that Tribune's value could drop even more their stock has lost half it's value in the past year

Reactions: jegrant
That's an interesting idea. If they bought Tribune's TV stations, maybe they could fill the evening and overnight on HLN with repurposed local newscasts from across the country instead of hundreds of hours of Forensic Files. There might also be some thought to offering HBO OTA (for a fee, of course) similar to what ION offers with Starz and Showtime.

HBO already has a streaming service, Since Tribune is such a large CW affiliate i was thinking Time Warner Inc would buyout CBS's stake in the CW, with either keeping the name or go back to WB or/also in addition to launch either a WB Movie diginet or some genre WB branded diginets, on another site there was a thought of Meredith purchasing Tribune and also another that Tribune's Stations will all get split up

I'd cheer the return of The WB! But does Tribune really want to go it alone? And is WB interested?

Not Tribune alone, I was saying the idea that Time Warner Inc. could buy Tribune, A few private equity firms possibly are interested in Tribune as a whole but could end up selling parts of the company, but Tribune itself could do that and just have the tv stations and most likely diginets Antenna TV and This TV, They would just end up a Broadcast TV Company

Reactions: jegrant
Meredith is said to be interested in mainly the former Local TV LLC stations according to these two articles
Merideth Interested in Tribune Stations http://www.adweek.com/fishbowlny/meredith-interested-in-tribune-tv-stations/369463
Tribune Said likely to sell assets rather than whole company http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...kely-to-sell-assets-rather-than-whole-company
If Tribune owns any other NFC markets it looks like FOX may not just go after KCPQ
Also if the Tribune Station group is split up in a sale you wonder what will happen to Antenna TV and This TV

If Tribune owns any other NFC markets it looks like FOX may not just go after KCPQ

The only other Tribune owned FOX station that FOX **might** want is Milwaukee (Milwaukee and Green Bay are both considered primary markets going back to when the Packers played games in Milwaukee).
Otherwise the others in a home teams market are AFC teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts