Tribune-owned locals launching? Post your live ones here...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
I know of the following HD locals now being live on spotbeams in MPEG4:

WGN (Chicago)
WTIC (Hartford / New Haven)
KTXL (Sacramento)
KTLA (Los Angeles)

Check your guides and post here! Let's see how many we can add to the list before a press release! :)

I know of the following HD locals now being live on spotbeams in MPEG4:

WGN (Chicago)
WTIC (Hartford / New Haven)
KTXL (Sacramento)
KTLA (Los Angeles)

Check your guides and post here! Let's see how many we can add to the list before a press release! :)

When did WTIC go up?

LIN (owner of WTNH and WCTX) have been notorious in their negotiations of HD local carraige. Cox doesn't even have them

In short, no bearing, and I wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry

LIN (owner of WTNH and WCTX) have been notorious in their negotiations of HD local carraige. Cox doesn't even have them

In short, no bearing, and I wouldn't hold your breath. Sorry

A friend of mine at Cox tells me that they have been negotiating with LIN at the corporate level and that they are nearing a deal. That does not mean that anything will change with D*, but we can hope, I guess.

A friend of mine at Cox tells me that they have been negotiating with LIN at the corporate level and that they are nearing a deal. That does not mean that anything will change with D*, but we can hope, I guess.

Agreed - we can hope. I put this as slightly more likely than getting MSG and FSNY-HD, but not all that much :)

I was shocked this morning all of a sudden my WGN was gone off my list I went to add it back and I see that it is in HD now also. Glad to see at least one channel added before the end of the year.

WXIN FOX 59 in Indy is up and live. HUZZAH!

The only one of the big 4 left in Indy is WISHTV (LIN Corp Parent Company). Hopefully they'll feel a little more pressure....

KTXL (Sacramento) went live? Plz people it is not April fools, I have been waiting for KTXL (Sacramento) to go HD, can this be true?...omg

KTXL (Sacramento) went live? Plz people it is not April fools, I have been waiting for KTXL (Sacramento) to go HD, can this be true?...omg

Yep, it's on, thanks to the agreement between tribune and DirecTV. Enjoy!

Channel 11 in NYC is not up yet, last time I checked. Wonder when it is going to be up if all the tribune channels are showing up finally in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)