tried charters boxes

timbuckone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
So i have had charter now for about 3 weeks after coming back from being a chord cutter. I have had a history of having direct tv, dish network, and tivo ota. These charter boxes are such old technology. They dont interact, I have problems scheduling recordings, The gude is very hard to read and figure out what the channels are. Well I just ordered a refabbed tivo from their site and found a mini elsewhere. If I am gonna pay for box rental from charter and want something that is more of my liking. I do love the channel package charter has given me. So come on charter! have something that at least competes with what dish and direct offer for boxes.

They are supposed to be coming out with a new DVR they are calling the "World Box" but I have not seen any information as to when it will be available. I went with a Tivo Roamio and three Tivo minis and so far they are working great.

tivo roamio and mini are up and running. Thanks to tivo my cable tv experience is now AWESOME!

Reactions: Rey
Yea, coming from Directv and a genie, I lasted about 3 days on Charter's pathetic equipment.

I went with a Tivo Roamio Plus on the main TV, and refurbished Roamio Standard on the livingroom TV and a mini on each of the 2 bedroom TVs.

This set up, even with no lifetime on either Roamio, is still $10 cheaper than having 4 Charter DVRs and the DVR fee.

I recently switched from DirecTV to Charter (because I got an incredible deal) as a step-down transition to cord cutting. I'm glad there's no contract with Charter... because after three months on their terrible DVR, I'm done. I hadn't used the system much over the summer, so it didn't really sink in how bad the interface was. But as I tried to set recordings for multiple new shows, and I saw how many presses it takes just to set a recording... and how often recordings fail... I decided to cut the cord entirely.

I just don't understand how their DVR can be this bad.

My only hesitation is finding a way to watch the MLB... but I'm not paying this kind of money just for baseball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)