Tried Dish app on Fire Stick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I bought an Amazon Fire Stick to get Netflix on my second TV since apparently that is never coming to the 4k joey. I was thinking with the addition of the dish app on the Fire Stick for a one time $39.99 fee I could get rid of the $7.00 a month joey and have Netflix. While technically this is true the app just is not a Joey. Picture quality is as good as the Joey but the app is just clumsy to me. It takes more button pushes to make the same thing happen and you have to have another remote for the volume. In the end I just find the Joey worth the additional 23 cents a day for its ease of use.

I bought an Amazon Fire Stick to get Netflix on my second TV since apparently that is never coming to the 4k joey. I was thinking with the addition of the dish app on the Fire Stick for a one time $39.99 fee I could get rid of the $7.00 a month joey and have Netflix. While technically this is true the app just is not a Joey. Picture quality is as good as the Joey but the app is just clumsy to me. It takes more button pushes to make the same thing happen and you have to have another remote for the volume. In the end I just find the Joey worth the additional 23 cents a day for its ease of use.

I did the same thing with two of my joeys and saved $14.00 a month using the Fire Stick on two of my tvs that rarely get use. My son rarely watches his joey any more and the fire stick gives him access to Amazon Prime as well as Netflix on his tv. I agree the app is a little clunky and having only one stream at a time means only one of us can use it . I also had to unplug my hopper a couple of times this weekend to make it connect to the fire stick. I also find it hard to tune to an live ota channel. I can watch anything recorded by an ota channel, just not live. But for my use in the computer room while I am on the computer it works. I used the extra money saved to add $5.00 Showtime and Heartland pack for $3.00 a month for 6 months. So I am getting more programming and less fees.

A question or two about stream-sticks and Dish.

Do these streamers function on apps similar to or the same as DishAnywhere?

If so, Doesn't DishAnywhere allow only 5 unique devices for streaming,
And only one active per sling connected receiver?

So, if I have a Songle Hopper3,
with 'sticks' instead of joeys on my other tv,
Can I only have active tv on the Hopper3 and on only 1 of the connected 'sticks', instead of multiple joeys?

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

So, if I have a Songle Hopper3,
with 'sticks' instead of joeys on my other tv,
Can I only have active tv on the Hopper3 and on only 1 of the connected 'sticks', instead of multiple joeys?

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
Yes, only one stick will function (w/DA) at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)