Triple LNB for 4 Receivers (combine signals?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hi everyone,
I have a round dish with triple lnb w/ built in 4x4 multiswitch, what i'm trying to figure out - is there a way to combine the signal so it could all be used over two pieces of coax, then use a 2x4 multiswitch (such thing?) to uncombine the signal? These are just standard receivers without HD capability. The 4 receivers will be in very close proximity to each other in the same room, I just don't want to have to run 4 seperate cables to each receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The magic 8 ball says no.

DIRECTV only recently introduced technology to accomplish CATV like wiring and it is only supported on their latest receivers using a switch (SWM) that costs hundreds.

I think it can be done by using two pairs of stackers/destackers, one set for 101 and the other set for 110/119. With the 10/119 set pair you also need a couple fo 22kHz inserters. All of this could cost about $600+. For that price you could get the extra lines run. :)

If all you need is the signal from the 101 location it is possible to use 2 cables from the dish into a 3X4 multiswitch. You might lose Chinese,Spanish or local channels by not receiving the 110 & 119 location.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies.. Keep in mind, that this is the Triple LNB Phase 3 with the built in multiswitch with 4 outputs, so shouldn't I be able to actually feed ONE line out of the LNB to inside my building, then put a 1x4 multiswitch by my receivers?

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies.. Keep in mind, that this is the Triple LNB Phase 3 with the built in multiswitch with 4 outputs, so shouldn't I be able to actually feed ONE line out of the LNB to inside my building, then put a 1x4 multiswitch by my receivers?

NOPE, cant do it without a swm or the older stacker/destacker stuff($300-$600)

Hi everyone,
Seeing you have no concept of how your triple LNB dish works here is a brief education. From 101 you have 2 signals 13V & 18V from 110& 119 you have 22KHz13V & 22KHz18V 4 distinct signals that can't be fed down 1 or 2 cables without stacking their frequencies. There is no $10 solutions, and there is no such thing as a 1X4 multiswitch.

Repeat after me: Multiswitches are not splitters.

It is unfortunate that DIRECTV ditched the FTM designation as it significantly reduced the confusion between it and any legacy multiswitch.

Understand that attaching an external multiswitch to an LNB/multiswitch combo disables the multiswitch functionality of the LNB. You'll note that even the SWMLine LNB has satellite labels on the output ports.

Run each of the four LNB outlets to a receiver. Run only two to a 3x4 but loose HD etc as mentioned above.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)