Triple Play offer from CVC (DVR fee is waived for a year)

crazywater said:
The previous triple play offer was $29.95 for each service making the total $89.85 a month without the DVR. The current offer is $99.99 a month for all three and the DVR service is free. All CV did was up the cost of each service by about $3+ to cover the DVR service. So you may not see the DVR fee on your bill but its built in to the offer. Free? Not really...

But still a tempting offer to get HD DVR recording...

actually not quite the triple play you get being a dbs customer is with the silver package not the io family package wich is the package that is 29.95 that also does not include any cable boxes the 3(io fam w/1b:mad:non dvr),ool & ov would normally come out to 95.19. the dbs give you the silver(add hbo, starz, encore, sundance and ifc)+ 1dvr box,ool & ov for 99.85. with out a dbs bill that triple play silver with 1dvr would be 125.14

hbk409 said:
actually not quite the triple play you get being a dbs customer is with the silver package not the io family package wich is the package that is 29.95 that also does not include any cable boxes the 3(io fam w/1b:mad:non dvr),ool & ov would normally come out to 95.19. the dbs give you the silver(add hbo, starz, encore, sundance and ifc)+ 1dvr box,ool & ov for 99.85. with out a dbs bill that triple play silver with 1dvr would be 125.14

So are you saying that the first cable box/dvr is free, meaning no rental fee of $5.24 ? just the additional boxes are charged a rental fee?

I am still trying to decide if I want to switch to this but the 8300HD DVR has been having lots of problems and there a many angry users of this box. I only want to use the HD DVR to record HD content and I will continue to use my SA TiVo for the rest but I can't rely on it whats the use?

crazywater said:
So are you saying that the first cable box/dvr is free, meaning no rental fee of $5.24 ? just the additional boxes are charged a rental fee?

for dbs customers, that show a copy of thier bill, that is correct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)